No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenery is really coming up there in Ohio! Bike looks good!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Greenery is really coming up there in Ohio! Bike looks good!!
      Thanks, getting it ready for the wife, she loves this thing, I like it, but I'm a 1100 kinda guy...

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
        Thanks, getting it ready for the wife, she loves this thing, I like it, but I'm a 1100 kinda guy...
        I hear ya , but I'm more like an 1157 kinda guy
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Adam came over today (Loud_ET) helped him do the relay mod, small clutch adjustment, nice 550, a little more maintenance and it will be a go anywhere bike! Nice bike Adam! Was doing the same relay mod to the Tempter, and the RR replacement and stator re-wire. Anytime you need help, give me a shout, hope I didn't burn the burgers too bad Here are some pics of the bikes, while we were doing some maintenance, then a quick ride over to Spencer Lake to test the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Konnick View Post
            Sig line mentions 80 850GL.
            But I am thinking that is a 78 or 79 850G.
            Although usally owners of a 78 or 79 will have picture show otherside just annoy all of us that miss our kickstarters.

Last edited by Redman; 05-05-2012, 08:43 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post

Nice story of meeting with and working with fellow GSR member.

Nice photo of nice shiney bikes.

I think it was 2 - 3 years ago I was trying to find raised while letter Dunlop Qualifier front tire to match rear tire and to be like was common in the day (for Honda Shadow). Could not find one anymore. Somewhat like end of an era.

Last edited by Redman; 05-05-2012, 10:13 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

did a bit of ripping around the city today stirring up trouble. . Buddy grabbed a pic of my wife and I pulling into the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Nice story of meeting with and working with fellow GSR member.

Nice photo of nice shiney bikes.

I think it was 2 - 3 years ago I was trying to find raised while letter Dunlop Qualifier front tire to match rear tire and to be like was common in the day (for Honda Shadow). Could not find one anymore. Somewhat like end of an era.

Yeah Redman, I really like those Dunlop tires on there....they came on the bike with 75% tread so I could not tell ya where they came from.
                  Oldschool hooked me up with a live and in person coil relay mod....so easy when you can see it done (not just a diagram). Thanks Rich! It was an awesome afternoon comin down to meet you and your family.
                  So the relay mod was a success however On the 50 mile ride home I had 3 stall outs on the highway. Fuel starvation issue. At high speed it sucks the fuel dry and stalls. A combination of switching between on /prime and using the choke and twisting the throttle to try and encourage gas to get in the carbs and lots of cranking it would finally catch after 2-3 minutes.
                  Gonna test petcock, remove and clean it, re route new fuel line and make sure gas cap vent is working.
                  Other wise great afternoon and a perfect day for riding and wrenching.

Comment

Might as well start the carb dip and rebuild as well, can't ride it that way, nor sell it with any success running like that, if you need anything let me know, also, if you decide to keep the bike, I have those bars if you want them, even if you don't sell it right away, might make it more comfortable to ride in the meantime.

Comment

So went for an awesome ride today! Wish some you GSR guys coulda made it(I posted it on the GSR meeting place), oh well!
                      We took A nice ride around Addison county VT, started in Middlebury and went down 125 to 17 to 100 to 125 again back to the departure point, was a good 100 miles or so. I ended up putting about 200 on the old B-12, Loads of cool bikes for this was a Standard/Sport/ Sport tourer (or upright only) bike ride. Loads of fun! Great guys to meet! I was glad a group this big in VT finally got together for some responsible yet fast and fun ridding! Ended up being about 20 bikes! Now some of my favorite pics!

Here is part of the group on top of the App Gap (VT route 17). I wasn't the only one with a B-12

A ZX7-R and a Suzuki RF900R, love the variaty of bikes here today!

The line of them starting with A VFR750!

Fell in Love today! This little RZ350 two stroke was the highlight of the show... It was crazy quick for being a 350! well the guy made it into a 420!

Another Pick of the RZ!

Another Bike I wanted to take home with me! A 2011 Triumph Scrambler 900! What an awesome beautiful machine!

A true beauty! 04 Yammy FZ1 lol Got a kick out of the bullet hole stickers.

It was just an awesome day for it today!!! Next time I hope I can get some GSR faces!

Ride Safe!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        ...............On the 50 mile ride home I had 3 stall outs on the highway. Fuel starvation issue. At high speed it sucks the fuel dry and stalls. A combination of switching between on /prime and using the choke and twisting the throttle to try and encourage gas to get in the carbs and lots of cranking it would finally catch after 2-3 minutes.
                        Gonna test petcock, remove and clean it, re route new fuel line and make sure gas cap vent is working.
                        Yep, sounds like gas cap venting related problem. One way to tell would be when happens to open gas cap immeadaily and see if it starts without having the wait the minutes.

Maybe post in tech section and someone can describe how to check/repair the gas cap vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Yep, sounds like gas cap venting related problem. One way to tell would be when happens to open gas cap immeadaily and see if it starts without having the wait the minutes.

Maybe post in tech section and someone can describe how to check/repair the gas cap vent.
                          Absolutely, thanks. Oldschool suggested the possible vent problem. I will be checking all these things as time allows this week.

Comment

Me and the OP meet up for a ride today.At the meeting place we found a younger guy looking to go riding so we invited him to go with us.Had a nice back roads run up to Cowichan Bay and had lunch there.Very good to ride with Trevor again.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post

Very good to ride with Trevor again.
                              It looks like it was a nice clear/sunny day out.
                              Perfect for a ride!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                                It looks like it was a nice clear/sunny day out.
                                Perfect for a ride!

Eric
                                It was.Showers that ruined yesterday's "big" ride where gone.Off by 1 day

Comment

Working...
                                X