anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    Great shots and video there Roger. Thanks for sharing. How old is your son?
    Thanks, I just figured out how to post to YouTube. It took 30 minutes to upload a video not even two minutes long, ugh. Man, dial up is getting old. Just kidding but dsl isn't much better...
    My son is 20. Same height and weight as me, pretty much. He rode a 50cc dirt bike between 5 and 7 years old a handful of times so not a total noob, sort of.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Great video Roger; I remember those days last year with Charmayne and am looking forward to when it warms up so she and I can start working on things again this year.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Took the Cooley out for our annual New Years Day ride....
        Good to see you back posting pics of your rides.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          I took my son out today for his second riding lesson. ...........
          Parking lot is a good idea. Good figure 8s.
          Starting and stopping is important too.
          Starting and then making a sharp 90 turn is important (what is required to pull out of drive way, eh).
          I say that can expect new learner to drop it once during first few lessons, and maybe also once again in first few months on the road. (So keep keep that in mind for which bike to have him on, seems like you already have.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I got out yesterday...10 degrees.. (52)

No signature

Comment

I got out yesterday...10 degrees.. (52)

Incredible scenery. Wild bike. But 10 degrees? Nooooope. Not without a whole bunch of new gear!
              sigpic
              1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
              1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
              1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
              On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
              All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                Incredible scenery. Wild bike. But 10 degrees? Nooooope. Not without a whole bunch of new gear!
                Lol...I was wearing my new Klim jacket and pants. Lol...you know that's 10 degrees Celsius right? That about 52 degrees in US speak. Not bad for Canada in January.
                No signature

Comment

Lol...I was wearing my new Klim jacket and pants. Lol...you know that's 10 degrees Celsius right? That about 52 degrees in US speak. Not bad for Canada in January.
                  Oh man! No I didn't know you were talking Celcius. That's doable (barely) HAHA! It was only a few degrees higher than that here today but there's no snow on the side of the roads.
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                  1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                  1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                  On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                  All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                    Oh man! No I didn't know you were talking Celcius. That's doable (barely) HAHA! It was only a few degrees higher than that here today but there's no snow on the side of the roads.
                    Lol....yeah the snow was at some elevation up Island...no snow where I live.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Great video Roger; I remember those days last year with Charmayne and am looking forward to when it warms up so she and I can start working on things again this year.
                      Thanks, Cowboy. I thought about you guys and wondered how Charmayne was doing. I'm sure it's a bit colder up there at the moment so not much riding, Huh?

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Parking lot is a good idea. Good figure 8s.
                      Starting and stopping is important too.
                      Starting and then making a sharp 90 turn is important (what is required to pull out of drive way, eh).
                      I say that can expect new learner to drop it once during first few lessons, and maybe also once again in first few months on the road. (So keep keep that in mind for which bike to have him on, seems like you already have.)

I half expected him to drop at least once, but nope. Good thing too since it's pretty heavy to lift. I warned him and said best to take it super easy and stay upright. He listened, imagine that, LOL. It's a work in progress for sure. I have admired guys that ride with their kids and longed for the opportunity. To have him show interest and ask was a welcomed surprise.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Went for a breakfast run yesterday to my favourite spot in Franschhoek. My daughter tagged along, but by car with her children. Here is one of my two grandsons dreaming of becoming a future motorcyclist! My son has been riding for 13 years (he commutes by motorcycle every day, unlike myself being only a weekend warrior) and his 4 year old son is also showing a keen interest already! It is such a privilege to be able to coach your son/daughter and see them develop into responsible riders.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                          Went for a breakfast run yesterday to my favourite spot in Franschhoek. My daughter tagged along, but by car with her children. Here is one of my two grandsons dreaming of becoming a future motorcyclist! My son has been riding for 13 years (he commutes by motorcycle every day, unlike myself being only a weekend warrior) and his 4 year old son is also showing a keen interest already! It is such a privilege to be able to coach your son/daughter and see them develop into responsible riders.

Man..... all you guys posting photos from the south side of the equator are making all of us on the other side jealous!

And by the way.... beautiful 850 you have there. Is that a factory fairing and paint scheme?

Comment

Thanks Scott! Our turn for winter is going to come, although I am pleased to say it never gets as extreme as the images we are seeing on the TV news of all the snow there!

The paint scheme on my bike is factory, but not the fairing itself. The fairing was made by a fiberglass shop according to the Honda 900 fairing shape. I had a really hard time deciding on the design to have painted on the fairing.

PS: Scott, when you speak to Alex Callas again, please ask him to look at the PM I sent him on the forum and drop me an answer when he has time. Thanks!
                            Last edited by 2BRacing; 01-08-2018, 11:36 AM.
                            1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Definitely one of the warmer days we have had in weeks here. Yesterday it was -25' F (or -32 C) when I woke up to fire up the wood stove... Went for a jog but definitely can't ride.
                              We have our January thaw coming up in the tail end of the week but it will be very short lived for it looks like more artic air will be sweeping in over the weekend, Leaving a nice layer of ice on everything.

Hope to get out on Thursday!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Thanks, Cowboy. I thought about you guys and wondered how Charmayne was doing. I'm sure it's a bit colder up there at the moment so not much riding, Huh?
                                Yes sadly winter is heavily upon us at the moment and the bikes are asleep in the garage. Plus she gets real cold so we'll wait for a bit warmer weather before we get her out again
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X