No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday night my son stopped by to let me take his bike for a ride.

A Triumph Tiger 1050, 2009 I think. THree cyclinder, pretty much same engine as Speed Tripple.

He rode my 82 1100GK directly To his house.

I rode his bike on an interesting route to his house. Er, I should say towards his house, around and beyound his house, to another interesting road, and then back to his house. ha haaa

He had to get reaquainted with operating a choke.

I had to get acustome to having the bike staright up and pointed in right direction before cranking on the throttle. a-hem.

When I got to his house he started pushing buttons on the console. Would push a button while looking at guages and say "Dad!", push button again and say "Dad! geepers Dad!".
    I had to inquire whart he was doing and what he was exclaiming about. Apparently it has some top speed function or some tracking function, and some counter about how many times it redlines or something.
    I asked him if it also had some inclineometer also. I dont know if he didnt hear me or didnt understand what I meant or just chose not to respond.

Last edited by Redman; 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's a funny story right there Redman. I take it your son must have the "cooler head" of the family when it comes to speed?
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

looks like a fun ride there, dave. I don't know the details of that accident, but from the sound of it, they might have been in a pretty tight formation.....sounds like a no-no to me, changed it from one guy getting killed to several in the hospital. Ugly no matter what.

greg
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Picture of the bike after a long ride around Cincinnati. Nice side shot of my new shocks

Comment

All prettied up for the insurance guy this morning, fresh coat of primer on the tank, BBQ black on the exhaust (classy, I know) and polished up the chrome. Here she is after my long ride to work (60 miles each way, San Jose to San Francisco).

Comment

tourist town eats down by the beach

Yesterday I went for a good 3 hour ride.
              Today wife and I did some things in town (I didnt go to Gilmore Vintage Mocycle show). Then later in afternoon I went for a short ride, stayed close to town. Actaully, today I was a tourist in my own town.

Went down by channell, and the boardwalk and the beach.

Pronto Pups.
              This little yellow stand (about 8 x12) has been there for decades.
              Same family making a living off it.

Much better than corn dog from store.

Butchies Beach Burrittos
              Was an A&W Root Beer place (you know, order from car, they hang tray on car window) years ago.

Not too crazy down there this early in the summer, lines not too long, traffic not backed up.
              Later in summer the parking at the beach gets full by noon on a hot summer weekend, and then the entire area is clogged up with traffic, lots of people walking from downtown to the beach, long lines at these places.

Last edited by Redman; 06-10-2012, 07:14 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Arnie and I put on a few miles, yesterday.. 396 to be exact.
                Started out at my place and rode Southwest through the lakes area around here, then headed Southeast, through the carnage that was left over from Winstock (large Country Music Festival, here in MN) and angled our way over to south of Red Wing, MN. Rode up the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi and ended up in Stillwater, MN. All was well. A little hot and WINDY but still GREAT fun.

When looking at the sky to the West, I could tell that there was a little rain headed in so, at 6:30-45ish, I took off for home. Managed to miss the first real bad weather (almost) as I zigged and zagged through the cities and pulled into a gas station in Plymouth just as the bottom fell out and waited there under the roof over the pumps. Still dry at that point.

Once the rain let up I headed out again and maded it as far as Buffalo (about 30 miles West of the cities) and repeated the duck for cover at the pumps move. Waited in Buffalo for another half hour or so and it let up again. Off I go thinking that I might have just eeked this one out.

NOT ! ! ! ! About 5-miles West of Buffalo all he!! broke loose and top speed was about 30mph (couldn't even read the gauges at that point) but kept riding as I couldn't get any more wet. WRONG ! ! ! ! Just as I made it through Maple Lake, the hail, rain drops the size of golf balls and flooded highway 55, were my Yellow Brick Road for the next 10 miles.

I knew I was WET, when I could feel the water in my boots, run from the toe of the boot, to the heel, as I shifted gears and/or braked.

SOAKED beyond belief.

Comment

Redman, why does your post make me incredibly hungry?

Dave, that sux!
                  When that happens, besides trying to stay alive and seen, you finally give in and realize that you can only get so much "soaking wet", right?
                  At least you made it home in one, soaking wet/feel like a human sponge, piece.

Eric

Comment

I took advantage of the gorgeous weather up here, and played a bit of hookie on friday. Took the GS up to Harriman St Park in NY, and it was good. Fantastic scenery up there, as well as great roads. Lots of twisties, and thankfully devoid of slow moving tourists as it was friday morning . Some pictures for you all..

On the way into the park, on Seven Lakes drive. Yup, there are seven lakes on this road . Very pretty too. I stopped at one of them for a few quick pictures.

Once into the park I climbed Bear Mountain to get to the scenic view tower at the top. After a 2 mile super tight twisty climb, I made it to the top.

The historic watchtower that was first built in the 1920's.

And the view from the top of it. Today was clear enough that I could just make out the NYC skyline, although the camera wasn't really able to pick it up. Eagle eyed viewers may be able to spot it on the horizon...

As you can see it was super crowded today

Great weekend for a quiet escape from the city.

Comment

Tim, thanks for sharing the pic's!
                      When you edit your pic's don't you have the option of removing some shadow from the pic's?
                      Good to see that the tower wasn't all locked/boarded up for fear of vandals so that you could climb the stairs and enjoy the view.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        When you edit your pic's don't you have the option of removing some shadow from the pic's?
                        Good to see that the tower wasn't all locked/boarded up for fear of vandals so that you could climb the stairs and enjoy the view.

Eric
                        Eric,

Didn't bother to edit these . Straight from the camera. Although I should throw that 3rd one into photo-shop and work some magic into it... Hang on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                          I took advantage of the gorgeous weather up here, and played a bit of hookie on friday. Took the GS up to Harriman St Park in NY, and it was good. Fantastic scenery up there, as well as great roads. Lots of twisties, and thankfully devoid of slow moving tourists as it was friday morning . Some pictures for you all..

On the way into the park, on Seven Lakes drive. Yup, there are seven lakes on this road . Very pretty too. I stopped at one of them for a few quick pictures.

Once into the park I climbed Bear Mountain to get to the scenic view tower at the top. After a 2 mile super tight twisty climb, I made it to the top.

The historic watchtower that was first built in the 1920's.

And the view from the top of it. Today was clear enough that I could just make out the NYC skyline, although the camera wasn't really able to pick it up. Eagle eyed viewers may be able to spot it on the horizon...

As you can see it was super crowded today

Great weekend for a quiet escape from the city.
                          Was given bad info once when I first started driving semi way back, drove a 75' car hauler to the top, damn near scraped all the way up and down, lucky I got turned around and no traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Eric
                            Okay Eric,

Just for you I took picture number 3 into photoshop and did some editing work. Nothing super fancy, but I think it speaks for itself.

Original pic.

And fresh out of photoshop!

Can you see the differences?

Old_skool, I could not imagine trying to take a big rig up that road. Serious kudos to you!

Comment

Okay Eric,

Just for you I took picture number 3 into photoshop and did some editing work. Nothing super fancy, but I think it speaks for itself.

Original pic.

And fresh out of photoshop!

Old_skool, I could not imagine trying to take a big rig up that road. Serious kudos to you!
                              Photoshop made the bike look better, yeah, i was crapping myself all the way to the top

Comment

Yes, a bit of image enhancment "Fill Flash", eh.
                                (can also do silimlar when taking photo, turn flash "on" as opposed to "auto". But maybe not in Landscape mode, might have to select some other mode to get it to flash even if it thinks it doesnt need to.
                                Now, might also say: "I should make a point to come back here at a different time of day.")

But my main reason for commenting is to complement you for posing and framing picture the pictures so that we see at some of the road going off in the distance on some pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X