anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Yes, a bit of image enhancment "Fill Flash", eh.
    (can also do silimlar when taking photo, turn flash "on" as opposed to "auto". But maybe not in Landscape mode, might have to select some other mode to get it to flash even if it thinks it doesnt need to.
    Now, might also say: "I should make a point to come back here at a different time of day.")

But my main reason for commenting is to complement you for posing and framing the pictures so that we see at some of the road going off in the distance on some pictures.

Not fill flash, but essentially the same thing. I simply selected the areas of the bike that were in shadow, due to shooting east at around 10 am , and brought their level and contrast up a bit. In essence adding light to the bike. And yes, next time I visit the spot, I will have to do it around 2 or 3 pm, that way the sun should be ideal. I try to avoid using flash if I can, I find it tends to be a bit to harsh, and creates a false contrast between foreground and background.

Thanks for the compliments on the framing of the pictures though. I try to look at each shot carefully before snapping it, paying special attention to the lines penetrating the edges of the photo. A well composed picture with poor lighting can be better than a crudely composed picture with ideal lighting (after some editing that is).

PS your own riding pictures made me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
      Photoshop made the bike look better, yeah, i was crapping myself all the way to the top
      How does this look?

Too much free time at lunch

Comment

Too grainy, last one was good.

Comment

Had to test the newly repaired side covers were going to hold. Got to 120 @ 6500 rpm and had to back off. Side covers & newly installed rear indicators still intact!

Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            Too grainy, last one was good.
            Agreed. The trick with good editing is that it's impossible to tell that it's been edited. Unless you are going for a highly stylized look, then the rules are different.

Ptexotik, your bike looks fantastic!

Comment

Son & I rode to Blues On The Mall Grand Rapids

Son & I took some interesting roads into Grand Rapids for Blues On THe Mall downtown.

We found the parking lot full and the street parking full of cars. Bikes back up waiting to get into that parking lot. (in previous years the entire street in addition to the parking lot was mo'cycle parking only.)

Had to invent some parking spots. First we found a place but noticed was a fire hydrant there, so we went around and found this place. Later we saw a few of the "Outlaw MC" parking by that hydrant.

Son and D-I-L, his Truimph Tiger 1050 and my GK.

We went this week specifically to see Homemade Jamz.

And.... the food vendors. I found some good ribs. Son found some good tacos. D-I-L found some chicken wrap with seaweed and dandilions (or something like that).

Later went and walked around. Went thru the mo'cycle parking lot, a few hundred bikes, mostly H-D, some high end bikes like MotoGuzzi, Laverda and such. Also found a 70s GS750 (see "Sightings").

Last edited by Redman; 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Son & I took some interesting roads into Grand Rapids for Blues On THe Mall downtown.

Later went and walked around. Went thru the mo'cycle parking lot, some high end bikes like MotoGuzzi, Laverda and such. Also found a 70s GS750 (see "Sightings").
                And the pic's of those bikes can be found where?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  And the pic's of those bikes can be found where?

Eric
                  Ah, here is this, the GS
                  Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great day in Victoria today! Started out by giving my son a ride to school today.

Then later in the morning went over to Rob's house where Glen and Rob and I took off to do the Port Renfrew loop. Rob's driveway...

lunch at the Coastal Kitchen Cafe in Port Renfrew..

other guys out for the loop..

Glenn and Rob at the Port Renfrew Hotel...

There can be delays on logging roads...

The bikes were a little thirsty today..LOL We did some very fast running today, I actually hit the fastest I have ever ridden my 750! I won't incriminate the other guys but lets just say it was all I could do to keep up...
                    Last edited by trevor; 06-16-2012, 01:37 AM.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

The bikes were a little thirsty today..LOL We did some very fast running today, I actually hit the fastest I have ever ridden my 750! I won't incriminate the other guys but lets just say it was all I could do to keep up...
                      What! Are you insinuating that we were speeding today? No, no, I think there was just a little ah, er, speedometer error... yeah yeah, that's it, speedometer error!

What a fun ride today! Thanks to you and Rob, it was a real treat! I still feel bad for that poor Flicker I clobbered, but at least we missed the forest rodents!
                      IBA# 12860
                      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                      1984 KZ1100R
                      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Fantastic ride yesterday guys, really put the bikes through the gears Sure is nice to hit a road out here with very little traffic.
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Good stuff guys!

We had our GSR run yesterday... only 5 bikes and some electrical and mechanical dramas but it was a great day. Beautiful blue skies and sun on a winter's day made for an awesome ride.

Photos are currently being uploaded and the other guys will have more as well...
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Photos! Here's what a beautiful winter's day is like in South East Queensland...

For the full report head here:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Some beautiful pics Pete, I even saved one of the scenic ones for a desktop, and as always, enjoy seeing your bike!

Comment

Awesome Pete, you sure do stay in a beautiful part of the country, lucky bugger.
                                The bike is looking super sweet, good to see you clocking up the miles there.

Comment

Working...
                                X