anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downs View Post
    .............. in California I lived in Lakeside and rode Wildcat Canyon quite often.
    Lakeside..... That would be a good place relative to getting out into the canyons, yah, would be to Wildcat in a few minutes.
    And out to Sunrise Hwy on the 8 in about 15 miles.
    When my daughter was in SanDiego proper, that was the area I rode most; Wildcat & Julian & Sunrize & Japatul & Dulzera, where could get back on the 8.
    Now am in Oceanside, so up closer to Palomar.
    Last edited by Redman; 02-28-2018, 10:26 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, it looks like you’re having a hoot in Ca.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

No pics to share, but I did fire up the GSX1100G and go for a spin last evening to blow the cob webs out. Felt so good.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Last week it was nice enough for the bike in NH....yesterday this was my ride on the trails way up by the Canadian border! Maybe tomorrow it'll be back to the bike again.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Dave, it looks like you’re having a hoot in Ca.
            Yes Sir. Last ride was this morning (Pics later).

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
            No pics to share, but I did fire up the GSX1100G and go for a spin last evening to blow the cob webs out. Felt so good.
            Maybe, Just maybe, might be spring time before too long, eh?
            Last edited by Redman; 02-28-2018, 10:12 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yep, got out with Son-In-Law today. We had a 4 or 5 hour route somewhat planned. Meaning we had notes written down after looking at a map. (I need to get better at making and getting GPX files into my GPS.) Our plans included Ortega Hyway (CA-74).

From their place in Oceanside it takes at least 15 minutes to clear suburbia, with its 3 & 4 lane roads each way, and long backed up stop lights.
              Did manage to get something of a picture after we filtered up to the front of the line at a stop light.

Then out into the good stuff, north of Fallbrook.

Near Murieetta we diverted some in search of a yuppie coffee shop (country corner convience store not accpetable to SIL).
              And afterwards SIL bike would not start, nothing light up on instruiment panel, only thing happening was speedo climb to some point and stop then climb to some other point and stop and then go full scale. I thought maybe it was trying to indicate fault code 34-68 or some such thing, but it would do something different next time. So I set about trying to troubleshoot the fact that had no power. But between the two of us we had no tools. Could not even get to the battery terminals.
              I suggested either I go get some tools.. or he call the dealer or a wrecker.. Well, he got the seat off using a jack knife on a phillips screw, Could see the positive terminal and get fingers on it and it seemed okay, and still had no access to battery negitive terminal, could not even see it. But could see a few connectors. Wiggled and checked what we could. Would need tools to get better access to anything. Didnt look like anybody in yuppie coffee shop would have an tools. I was suspecting the negitive terminal connection, that weird symptom of the speedo made me think had positive power but no negitive/ground connection. I was about to search for a store that would have tools. But tried wiggling what could find of the negitive calbe, Nope. And I pounded on the battery box with my fist, and -boom- the instrument panel lit up. And the bike started.
              I was still suggesting getting some tools, and trying to fix it there in parking lot (as if that is a common thing, eh) and then continue on our intended route.
              But SIL was concerned about getting stranded out in some canyon someplace. And Since we were within a mile of the I-15, we headed back home that way.
              Home in garage, yep, found the negative battery terminal connections loose.

SIL appolgized for having to shorten our ride. But, hey, my objective was to go for ride, and more importantly have something of an adventure with my Son-In-Law. And that was accomplished, and I got something to harass him about sometime later.
              Glad I can do something with my Son-In-Law, and especaily glad it is to go-for-ride.
              Last edited by Redman; 03-01-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

At the stop of the "26% grade" sign, My SIL was running around, running around taking pictures, then I realize he was exaggerating, and was mocking me, just pretending to take picture.
                But, hey, he did take one picture there.... and I like it better than any I took there.

Intend to be back for another visit. They are expecting their first kiddo in a couple months. So, things will be different then. But very glad we had this ride.

Comment

Ride from last night.
                  Warning Vulgarity.... The Harley and Scotty's employers got me angry.
                  My first attempt at a Vlog...
                  GSR shout out
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 03-01-2018, 02:07 PM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Ride from last night.
                    GSR shout out
                    A while back you had me thinking about possibly getting an XR1200. Are you now panning the purchase are were you just in a bad mood?

Comment

Ends up the "stage 1" fueller was at fault. Looks to be compromised from one of my recent wet ride.
                      When I purchased this bike last October it had 2500 miles... It now has 4500 miles and we just worked through a winter in which I rode and got very wet and dirty.
                      I swapped back to stock and the bike is running great on my ride in this morning.
                      I'm pretty mad that every stage 1 option for this bike can be compromised by weather... Re-flashes are not in the cards which is what I would ideally want.
                      I enjoy the bike it was just acting really bad last night. By the time I got into Brandon it was running on just 1 cylinder.
                      Back to to stock and there is a significant drop in power...
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 03-01-2018, 02:49 PM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Ride from last night.
                        GSR shout out
                        Loled a lot. I think the inside helmet conversation we have with ourselves when our bikes aren't running right should all be recorded and played on their own special comedy channel.

I got out for a ride a couple days ago. first time since November there was no ice on the roads. Now we have another 40 cm of snow. and no sled anymore. Grr.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I'm putting the Vlog from yesterday together in my video editing software... Picking at it... Lots of footage... It will be a longer video,

But a pic from yesterday's 100ish mile spin.

Good day to blast around... it got brisk though.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                            Loled a lot. I think the inside helmet conversation we have with ourselves when our bikes aren't running right should all be recorded and played on their own special comedy channel.

I got out for a ride a couple days ago. first time since November there was no ice on the roads. Now we have another 40 cm of snow. and no sled anymore. Grr.
                            Glad you got out!

HAHAH glad you got enjoyment out of it. I find it HILARIOUS when equipment breaks or runs like $hit, especially when it's not yours. So enjoy!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Heavy sarcasm on the vlog... nice!
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Heavy sarcasm on the vlog... nice!
                                I got quite a few emails, PM's and comments saying they enjoyed it... I'm just be myself and having fun...
                                No Riding with the Storm... Back to winter.

I'm Florida Bound in 3 Days!!! So it will be nice to escape winter for a solid bit and get a few thousand miles under my belt!

Newest Vlog is up:
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X