No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you love when old bikes come back into your life? I thought I was happy when I got the chance to buy my B-King back but when I scored my old 2012 Thruxton a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't have been happier! I really love this bike, so nice to have it back! So nice to be able to do my birthday ride on it today too!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Just out wandering around today with 60 or 80 othersIMG_20180325_100416556_HDR.jpg
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Last week -test run on the GPzIMG_20180320_160607607_HDR.jpg
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
          ...................... I scored my old 2012 Thruxton a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't have been happier! .............
          Exciting.
          How did that happen?

Happy Birthday.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Exciting.
            How did that happen?

Happy Birthday.
            I'm also interested!
            I rode my buddies 2017 T120 when I was down in Florida and I LOVED IT! The 900 is probably a bit slower than the T120 but all in all the bike was nearly flawless for a true "standard" motorcycle. If I wasn't so drawn to the Z900RS I would have a Bonneville on my radar for next purchase...
            Hope you had a great B-day!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Don't you love when old bikes come back into your life? I thought I was happy when I got the chance to buy my B-King back but when I scored my old 2012 Thruxton a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't have been happier! I really love this bike, so nice to have it back! So nice to be able to do my birthday ride on it today too!

Oh yeah, that is one nice looking bike. I too like the looks of the Thruxton and maybe this year I will finally get to test ride one.

Happy Birthday by the way.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Exciting.
                How did that happen?

Happy Birthday.
                When I sold it, I was guaranteed first right of refusal if the new owner ever decided to part with it. You see, the only reason I let it go in the first place is I had found myself suddenly out of work and liquidating some of my motorcycles was the quickest way that I could raise some money. I sold a ZX14 at the same time.

That was 2014.

Back in January, I received an e-mail from the then-current owner saying that it was time for him to sell and was I still interested? Obviously I was but he didn't have a price in mind at that point and wanted a bit of time to work that out. Two months passed with no word so I presumed that he'd changed his mind and decided to keep it, until it popped up on a local online classifieds website priced almost a grand more than I had sold it to him for... four years prior. I sent a reply to the ad asking if my first right of refusal was still valid, but he didn't respond. Two days later, the ad was marked as SOLD and disappeared. I was pretty choked. Within 24 hours however, the bike re-appeared on the same site (UsedVictoria.com, for those interested) but this time for less money and being sold by the local BMW dealership.

The same dealership at which I used to work!

As luck would have it, my friend still works at the Motorrad shop and had recently been promoted to General Manager, so I sent him a message and relayed my story and he replied with "Well buy it from me!". I asked for his best cash price and when he gave it to me, it was the proverbial offer that I couldn't refuse. Less than I what I had sold it for in 2014 and less than I was prepared to pay to get it back. Some times things just work out the way that they should!

The icing on the cake? Island BMW delivered it to my house in their shop van so props to them! All in all, a fantastic reunion with my old love.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Went out for a ride yesterday with the wife. Ohhhhh the new chain and clutch cable make it so silky smooth but I had the strangest experience. Came across a low lying black cloud which was a swarm of bees. I mean the air was almost black. I tucked my head down and bapp bapp bapp bapp as the bugs were bouncing off my freshly cleaned bike and my bubble shield. Another 10 yards and another cloud of bugs. Bap Bapp bapp

At the time I didnt notice it was bees but I have been riding out here for a dozen years and had never run through large bugs. Knats and such yea but never a large cloud of large bugs. I get to a place where I can pull over and assess and my hands and arms were sticky and there were dead and half dead bees stuck to my cloths. I had to chase my wife off the bike and start swatting half dead bees off her that were still crawling on her jacket.

It was TRIPPY!!

Arizona loses a couple of people each year to bee attacks and with spring coming maybe this group was moving but .... looking down and having my shirt full of half dead bees was disconcerting!!

Comment

That's crazy! We ran through a similar cloud in NM. Sounded like driving through a hail storm. We had a car though, couldn't imagine if we were on the bike.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      That's crazy! We ran through a similar cloud in NM. Sounded like driving through a hail storm. We had a car though, couldn't imagine if we were on the bike.
                      That is perfect ... that is exactly what it sounded like .. Hail .. I never wanted a full face helmet so bad in all my life. Being all sticky and then having to swat the bees off my wife was ... well another one of those things that makes you wonder if we are all Crazy!!

Still ... I cant imagine not riding.

Comment

........... Some times things just work out the way that they should!...........
                        Sure did that time.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

IN the 30's today but grabbed 70ish miles... Nice to ride on the not so great roads on the little 250 today!

Come on Spring!!!!
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 03-27-2018, 06:06 AM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                            That is perfect ... that is exactly what it sounded like .. Hail .. I never wanted a full face helmet so bad in all my life. Being all sticky and then having to swat the bees off my wife was ... well another one of those things that makes you wonder if we are all Crazy!!

Still ... I cant imagine not riding.
                            alright so I went out to check on something else and happened to glance at my headlight. Between the tiny crack between the headlight and trim ... 5 bees who met their maker. Front end covered in bee glop...

Now over the years I have been through all sorts of torrential downpours, ridden regularly in the snow, Dust storms so bad you had to pull off the road, Baked under 120 degree heat, rode when it was below freezing ..... but never ever never once did I drive straight through a full on swarm of bees. A true WTH moment if there ever was one.

Comment

31' when I left the house... It's riding season!!!

B-12 is out and running great! New PR4GT tires, pads, SS lines, fork seals, fork boots, Givi rack and plate landed yesterday and I'll be going through it all this weekend so she's ready for inspection next week! New plate on it yesterday. This slug will be my primary motorcycle this season.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Looking good Jedz, I'm glad you're not going to drag that HD around all summer. 👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X