No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, I had to sign a waiver, and yes it was a blast. Best $75 I spent in a long time. I wanted to fly in it two weeks earlier when it was flying out of its home of Port Clinton, Ohio but I couldn't make it. I have pictures of it from about 45 years ago with my mom standing in front of it admiring it. She got to fly in the co-pilots seat when flying to Put-in-Bay. Mom is also a pilot. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Rode the GK this morning; Dorkburger style.

And a long sweeper curve too!

I am liking working on the bike less and less these days ... would much rather be riding.
      But, know what?
      Sure is great to be doing stuff like this -- On A Monday Morning !!
      Last edited by Redman; 08-20-2018, 12:23 PM. Reason: Monday Morning

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I brought the Bandit out and... it snapped another chain. Well 2 in it's 89K mile life isn't too bad.

Luckily no squids were hurt in the process... It was a break down that occurred a few miles from home so suffice to say I got my steps in for the day! luckily I was on the gap.

Took the the other 1200 out and racked a few miles... Unfortunately I lost the best day of the week last week due to the break down. Good new is the Bandit is in running order and after fixing some of the components and ordering a few replacement bits (sprocket cover and chain) she will be fit to ride another day.

I also took the GS300 around the block (illegally) and the bike is just a bundle of fun, very fast for a tiny twin... The old starter relay kicked due to a faulty post and I need to finish wiring in the rear directional... Also going to go back and rework the exhaust not a fan of how it looks and functions... The VT back road blaster will be coming to the NE GSR meet this year!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Oh yeah, I had to sign a waiver, and yes it was a blast. Best $75 I spent in a long time. I wanted to fly in it two weeks earlier when it was flying out of its home of Port Clinton, Ohio but I couldn't make it. I have pictures of it from about 45 years ago with my mom standing in front of it admiring it. She got to fly in the co-pilots seat when flying to Put-in-Bay. Mom is also a pilot. ��
          The $75.00 sounds like a deal to me.
          There is an excellent warplane museum about 30 minutes from me in Hamilton On.
          About 7 or 8? years ago they were trying to raise funds and in connection with the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group they were offering very reduced group rates for a flight on the Lancaster. Like an idiot i balked at the price of $375.00. Certainly a good chunk of money but being able to fly on the last remaining one in the world, i should have gone. Close to 10 times that cost nowadays.
          Looking for that unique adventur? Buy a member flight in a Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum aircraft - it's certainly a thrill of a lifetime!
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Steve; That looks like a great museum. It would make a nice weekend get away for me. Only 270 miles. Maybe we can meet up there in the near future. I'll let you know.👍

Jedz; wow, that chain breakage could have been a lot worse with the rear tire locking up, glad that didn't happen ... I love the White Walls! Very classy. Haha

Dave; what a goof ball! It's nice you're able to goof around on a Monday morning while I'm at work! Haha
            My Motorcycles:
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Rode the GK this morning; Dorkburger style.

And a long sweeper curve too!

I am liking working on the bike less and less these days ... would much rather be riding.
              But, know what?
              Sure is great to be doing stuff like this -- On A Monday Morning !!
              Ha, nice !
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That picture of Redman holding front fender like Glen's avatar is hilarious!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Went out tonight for Pic Of The Week game... Everything on the bike was a go when I left. Shortly into the ride I noticed the new front signal running light was out. I figured it was the dodgy wiring and pulled over for a check. No go. Got home and found that the brand new bulb was bad. Back in with the really old previous bulb.....

Pic I didn't use in the game.

http://GS1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Interesting. Do tell more.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Left in rain, didnt look like waiting would do any good, and looked better in direction (north) I was going.

Had a problem about 50-60 miles from home (see posting in electrical section) but it cleared up. So continued north.
                        But that, and being a bit damp in a some places the raingear let thru kinda put a damper on things (no pun intennded).
                        Was barley 70 degrees and quite overcast....

Was going to stop at some lighthouses/piers and maybe take the ride in SleepingBear National Lakeshore. And had a couple side roads to explore off of M-22.

Stopped in Manistee. Can see the pier and catwalk there some in the far background. but cant see the lighthouse for the mist-rain-drizzle.
                        But after that, I didnt really feel like exploring much, nor stopping much for pictures. So I set my objective at enjoying the ride, and making the full length of M-22, including up to Northport.

I did enjoy the ride and did make it the full lenght of M-22 and then to the in-laws by Traverse City, where have some things going on Wed & THursday.
                        Total of about 250 miles, and I found it quite tiring, maybe cuz I was a bit damp in places .... or maybe cuz I am not getting enough exercize these days .... or maybe because being 65 is getting to be an old man.
                        Or maybe it was the lunchstop at mid afternoon at a burger tavern (in Empire) with a monster 1/3lb burger - greasy - salty - tasty - yum yum great.
                        Maybe I need more exercize.
                        Last edited by Redman; 08-22-2018, 08:03 PM. Reason: spulling

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Interesting. Do tell more.
                          Did my pic not show up of the two Cooley's?
                          No signature

Comment

Yeah it did, which one is yours? The one with the "L" seat right? Lol
                            My Motorcycles:
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Yeah it did, which one is yours? The one with the "L" seat right? Lol
                              Lol...yes, the one with the L seat.
                              No signature

Comment

Such a tease.....
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X