Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    That's awesome!
    My buddy is trying to convince me to buy a DR650, I rode his and I really like it! I need to take a look at my heard and do some more liquidation this coming spring to streamline for next year. May sell a combination of the, DT, GSX-650F, Bandit and GS300 to get funds for a DR650. I like it that much.
    We will see, the DT is such a blast! Going through the woods on a motorcycle is wicked awesome! Since the bike is identical to a 175 (including bottom end) I may do a 175cc conversion over the winter, I will no longer be looking for the added power and 85mph is fast enough on a little bike like that!

That 2-stroke sound is also addicting as all hell!
    I sold my 1990 DR and my 81 gs1000e to buy the 2016 DR....no regrets!
    No signature

Comment

My DR....love it!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        My DR....love it!

Trevor, Your missing a JedzMoto sticker on your fridge!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

What was the difference between the 90 and brandy new? I'm just curious on as a possible prospecting purchaser
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'll jump in here, the 90 was kick start only and heavier. The 96 - present bike is unchanged except for colors and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
              I'll jump in here, the 90 was kick start only and heavier. The 96 - present bike is unchanged except for colors and graphics.
              Did the old bikes have the auto decompression valve? I can't imagine trying to kick over that 650 thumper...
              So a +96 would be most ideal. I'm seeing them pop in for $2K-$2.5K
              Thanks!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

IDK, I have heard that there is a knack to starting big thumpers, though.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                  IDK, I have heard that there is a knack to starting big thumpers, though.
                  Like kick starting or just starting? I know the new(er) DR650's have an auto decompression system to save on the start motor.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Like kick starting or just starting? I know the new(er) DR650's have an auto decompression system to save on the start motor.
                    Yes kick starting...and yes it had the lever....It was a pain but once you got the starting "sequence" figured out it was pretty easy....funny because I bought the bike cheap because the po got tired of not being able to start it...lol...people with these bikes say "if your bike ever get stolen, look for it in a two block radius as it's likely to be found as they will get tired of trying to start it and just drop it"....
                    I used to think the character of kick start was cool....not so much in a creek or side hill etc....

No signature

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Good choice!
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Finally got the yellow Triumph out today...a little chilly, only 60-65º

Stopped along a nice little road to look at a little summer place....

The cabin on the creek...

Comes with a boat...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It was quite the triumphant (lol!) day here as well.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              It was quite the triumphant (lol!) day here as well.
                              And this is the place I need a "Like" button...

I like....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                And this is the place I need a "Like" button...

I like....
                                This site really needs a "Like" button!!!!!
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X