anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
    Not really a ride actually.....Finally got the GS1000 running and took it down the street and back. A whole 3/10 of a mile! Just happy that I finally got to ride my $500 birthday present!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57462[/ATTACH]
    Lookin good!
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I promised my grandson I'd take him for a ride after work today. We did around 65 miles East of town on old 66, or hwy 333. We were going to head West but the rain was coming from that direction, so East it was. Through Tijeras and Edgewood out to Moriarty. We had such a great ride, neither of us wanted to head back home. When we turned around the nice 20 mph tailwind we had was now hitting us head on. We got wet in the rain anyway, bit still had a nice ride.

Took a couple of pics olong old 66.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It was 79 degrees in the PNW today, so the only bike that started was of course the connie. Did the ton on my favorite deserted road.... This great view is 2 miles from home.

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Bob, that first picture would make a great entry for this week's theme, in the pic of the week game....
          This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

First ride of the year here yesterday.
            Was barley 40 degF. Next few days might be warmer but also predicted rainy.
            Had to get the snowthrower and the big bag of rock salt out of the way, to get out the Shadow500.
            Was some snow banks melting and running across the road in places, so didnt get out the GK.

Just rode into town by the channel and pier.
            Last edited by Redman; 03-21-2019, 04:46 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

been thinking its almost time to get things going, Dave, thanks for the motivation! Camp road is a mudpit still, buuut....
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

My first ride on the Bandit around the block (20 miles); figured out I probably overfilled the coolant but I'll know more tomorrow night
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  My first ride on the Bandit around the block (20 miles); figured out I probably overfilled the coolant but I'll know more tomorrow night
                  Just the reservoir overflowing I hope. I put hte battery on the charger today. I hope to get out this weekend for the first time this year.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                    Just the reservoir overflowing I hope.
                    Yes fortunately. I stopped by the garage tonight and ran it until it got hot; fortunately only a little drained after that and I could finally see the level in the tank. At least I'll know better next time.

I hope to get out this weekend for the first time this year.
                    Give me a shout and I'll drop South if you are going anywhere outside of the local area.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Yes fortunately. I stopped by the garage tonight and ran it until it got hot; fortunately only a little drained after that and I could finally see the level in the tank. At least I'll know better next time.

Give me a shout and I'll drop South if you are going anywhere outside of the local area.
                      Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure I'm going to actually get out there. I was up until 3 or so last night, so I'm not feeling any gumption today. Definitely a but fuzzy in the head.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Yep, Got out this afternoon for about an hour and half ride.
                        Predicted 50 degF didnt happen, but 45 is good enough.
                        Neighbors may have heard a loud whaaaaHooo!

First stop at boat ramp park on the river.
                        River running thru the parking lot.

Was great to get out and throw self into some curves.

Display of crosses has been an issue around here in recent years (no, I am not suggesting we discuss the subject).
                        Found this to be an interesting bit of craftsmanship.

Went on a bridge over a bayou, and saw these guys waving at me. Went back for a picture.
                        I suspect they were thinking "Man, some people are crazy."

Later Note:

Got reminded of a couple problems that occurred on last couple rides last year.
                        Both driving lights quit, one at a time I think.
                        And developed a high idle with no power (drops as soon as clutch touches), ah, that again. Will look to see if an carb boot has slipped off or something, but seems like a carb o-ring kit and intake orings are needed.
                        And some new buzz rattle in that GK fairing. Was easy to find it was loose glass in one mirror. I suspect one of those below zero (degF) days, something shrunk-distorted and broke some adhesive bond.
                        Oh, and was a little oil spot under one of the fork tubes when I pulled the bike out of the back corner of the garage.

Man, I really could use some place to work on the bike in the winter.
                        Last edited by Redman; 03-24-2019, 10:35 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I got out after dinner for a nice ride. Having taken the warm layer out of my jacket a while back, I wondered if I'd regret that. Nope! With a blanket of clouds over Albuquerque and light(ish) traffic It was a perfect night to ride. I've really grown to like having music while I ride. Tunes from Ozzy, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Guns & Roses, Rush and others from that era filled my helmet. Maybe someday I'll setup a playlist, but for now I just pick a radio station and don't mess with it.

I found a spot on the West side that's ready for a new sub division, but until then it's a prime viewing spot for the city at night. I wish I had the camera, but the phone did OK tonight.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Friends over today...

No signature

Comment

Took mine out yesterday with it being sunny in the upper 40's. Wasn't having any electrical issues before parking it last fall but all of a sudden it's blowing the main fuse. Took things apart expecting to find a mouse nest or perhaps a toasted wire but nothing jumps out. The only thing that jumps out is the oil light not lighting up, it did before I parked it. I'm gonna pull it inside later this morning and break out the multimeter to hopefully see where the draw is happening. Other than that, the addition of a two inch spacer in the forks has really made a huge difference in the front end.
                              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                                ............... it's blowing the main fuse. ...........
                                Maybe post in electrical section.
                                If blows as soon as replace fuse: suspect the R/R. Disconnect it.
                                If blows as soon as turn on ignition: suspect the horn. Disconnect it.

FOr oil light not comming on: Try wiggling the connection at the oil sensor, or remove it, clean it and put back.
                                The sensor should connect the wire to ground to light the light, so you can try grounding the wire as a test of the light.

Last edited by Redman; 03-28-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X