No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, as a matter of fact I DID go for a ride today about 8am to a local restaurant with a breakfast buffet. At that time the temp was about 30F, it's only about a mile or so and was there before I felt cold. About 4 hours ago it began to snow and it just let up a bit, supposedly we're in a lull and are going to get several more inches by midnight.

IMG_20190414_192151861.jpg
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

No signature

Comment

I rode the Kat today... up and down my driveway. I know, pathetic.

IMG_8443.jpg
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Still trying to figure out the Flickr thing from an android phone, since the Photobucket deal.
          Only posted a link successfully once.
          Rode the Kat for the first time in 16 months today, after swapping a stock engine in.
          Just a 65 mile loop after watching Suzuki win for the first time since 2016 in MotoGp.
          It was a pleasant ride, though the tires are almost done. Some wet/dry sections, but no rain falling.
          Interesting the riding postions between 2 bikes. Kinda got used to the upright ES riding position, then hopping on the Kat.
          Definitely more crouched.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

yeah, we got at least 8 inches of heavy and wet today. Tis disheartening.
            Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Yes, as a matter of fact I DID go for a ride today about 8am to a local restaurant with a breakfast buffet. At that time the temp was about 30F, it's only about a mile or so and was there before I felt cold. About 4 hours ago it began to snow and it just let up a bit, supposedly we're in a lull and are going to get several more inches by midnight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57728[/ATTACH]
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
              The total as of the 11 o'clock news was 8" here as well, supposedly 45 tomorrow and 50 Tuesday. Something tells me this was winters last blast, it'll be in the 70's in a week to 10 days!
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                Here in the extreme southern/western corner of our lovely state of Michigan, it was 18 hours of wet and cold, sleet and rain.
                Worked on the fairing supports of my 1100G, heard the sleet hammering the garage door for hours.
                Had 2 great/fast rides yesterday in bright sun, high 40s temps. SACS engine is very smooth this year.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Took the ole girl out for a shakedown ride tonight, my first of the season. After doing a full carb cleaning and rejetting this winter, as well as some brake work and new tires, I needed to make sure everything was working correctly before the good riding weather this weekend. No pics, just round around town, nothing interesting to see here in suburbia. Everything worked properly, fingers crossed this may be the first full riding season on the gs.
                  1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
                  1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
                  Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

I had a dentist appointment down in Fairfield OH this afternoon which lasted long enough I wasn't making it back to work. As I had already scheduled the leave time from work, I made my way down to the Kentucky State Line for my first long ride of the year.

Kentucky Hwy 20 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The roads were great and not crowded so I was finally able to stop at this church I've always wanted to look at. As the doors are padlocked I could only get pictures from outside. I really like the architecture for its simplicity but also for its detail and enjoy seeing it every time I ride by

Big Bone Methodist Church Side by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Big Bone Methodist Church Front by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Big Bone Methodist Church Sign by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Continuing on, the original plan to save time was to run back north on Interstate 75 but my Zumo warned me of a 30-minute delay towards Cincinnati. I don't know about you all but I hate sitting in stop and go Interstate traffic so a quick adjustment to the route took me on a couple of roads I hadn't been on and by some great looking horse farms. Unfortunately the best picture I could have taken was in a very bad spot to park the bike - no shoulder and at the top of a blind hill before the curve you see here

Kentucky Horse Fencing by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Finished up the evening with 200 very nice miles
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice pics and narrative, cowboy!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Had a few miles out today in the sun on the 1995 RF900RS2 and then did a short trip out on the GSF1200K2 from 2002. That felt a lot more like the GS1000.

Comment

We had a nice ride this afternoon and into the evening. Took the Turquoise Trail around the Sandia Mountains to Santa Fe. A favorite ride of ours as it's 55mph roads and light traffic. Very scenic and neat little towns to pass through.

Here's one of the newer houses out there.

We made our way into Santa Fe and found a hole in the wall restaurant with a catchy name and a cool patio to eat in. The Chipotle Buffalo wings were to die for and my wife's Ceviche was delicious, she said.

We stopped for directions, but these guys didn't speak English.

Eventually we hit the interstate and blasted back to Albuquerque, hitting reserve as we came into the city limits. A very enjoyable Easter evening!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            We had a nice ride this afternoon and into the evening. Took the Turquoise Trail around the Sandia Mountains to Santa Fe. A favorite ride of ours as it's 55mph roads and light traffic. Very scenic and neat little towns to pass through.

Here's one of the newer houses out there.

That's the 1st house I've seen with more problems than the one I've been renovating all winter!
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              That's the 1st house I've seen with more problems than the one I've been renovating all winter!
                              Sounds like you found a nice project.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I rode my girlfriend's Softail Classic down to Tucson and back over the weekend. Big, lazy bike, but pleasant enough. I definitely don't like the mid controls, and the cockpit was a little cramped due to being set up for someone 8" shorter than I am. Strange to grind floorboards making rather sweeping turns at intersections. Fun motor, though, and a nice over the road beast.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X