No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie is on the road today and asked me to post up a couple of pics. Somewhere in California not exactly sure where but he did say he was in Sacramento yesterday.....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Charlie is on the road today and asked me to post up a couple of pics. Somewhere in California not exactly sure where but he did say he was in Sacramento yesterday.....

Beautiful...would love to know where that second pic is...
      No signature

Comment

Lake McClure is south of Coulterville on state Hwy 49. I rode down from Sacramento on 49 to Hwy 120 yesterday, stayed in Groveland the night. On hey 49 south today again this am. I caught 140 west, and now am just north of Monterey for the night. Big Sur and Santa Barbara tomorrow. West LA Wednesday. Need to visit me Uncle!
        Last edited by Charlie G; 04-22-2019, 09:55 PM.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Beautiful...would love to know where that second pic is...
          Thought of you when I saw that road snaking up the mountain beyond the lake. It was like this for2 hours this am!
          Last edited by Charlie G; 04-22-2019, 10:26 PM.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Beautiful. Safe travels Charlie.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Thought of you when I saw that road snaking up the mountain beyond the lake. It was like for2 hours this am!
              Lol...cool. I just did some virtual riding on the road....wow that looks like an amazing road. Thanks for sharing Charlie...
              No signature

Comment

Yeah that second picture caught my eye too.

I took my wife for a ride the other day for lunch and cheese store shopping. When we stopped for gas she was concerned about some rain clouds and a darkening sky. I showed her the radar on my phone and assured her that we would be at the restaurant when the showers passed by and it would be clear skies the rest of the day. I was wrong. We got to the restaurant as the showers began to slow down. Luckily I caught most of the rain and she didn't kill me although she probably will never trust me again. I guess this has happened before to be honest.

After lunch the sun did come out and we dried out pretty quickly. I purchased some Havarti and some Gouda. She bought goodies for easter baskets. No pics of grumpy wife but I'm sure you've all seen that yourselves.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

For my trip, let me ask:
                  Lake McClure is south of Coulterville on state Hwy 49. ................. . .....................
                  That is where it looked like the picture for 2 hours ....?
                  I will need to look that up.
                  ............. now am just north of Monterey for the night. Big Sur and Santa Barbara tomorrow. .....................
                  Just north of Monterey, you say. Any particular place that you would recommend? (not expensive).

For your trip:
                  You going much further south than LA...?
                  Last edited by Redman; 04-23-2019, 10:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I’m going at least to Poway. Will visit my old neighborhood in Vista. Are you there? I’ll see if I get Bccp to post some of my FB photos from today.
                    Last edited by Charlie G; 04-24-2019, 12:08 AM.
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Comment

I’m going at least to Poway. Will visit my old neighborhood in Vista. Are you there? I’ll see if I get Bccp to post some of my FB photos from today.
                      No, Not there (not till end of May. Oceanside).
                      Poway, is a familiar name to me. On my first visit out there, I used Poway Parkway (Scripps Poway) as a return route from going out to Ramona and Julian. That Poway Parkway was all suburbia, malls and traffic lights - awfull. Have avoided it ever since.

From Vista if want a day ride, or looking for a route out of there to head toward the east. Let me suggest CA76, with a side trip up the South Grade to Palomar Mountain, down the East Grade. An other little side trip off CA76 would be MesaGrande road.
                      That Palomar Mountain ride needs to be top of your list, and the minimum you do out there.
                      I could yack at you more, if you have more time there.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for ride....?
                        Not this morning, was pretty good frost. But I am thinking will probably be the last.

Did get out for a ride this afternoon, sunny and calm and 50 degF. Did a couple errands.
                        Insurance agent said he was surprized to see bike pull in today, then he said "Ah, thats why you have year round coverage."

Then had a little ride out of town. Stopped at this boat ramp park on bayou of the river.

Should be getting some parts, maybe tomorrow, and others Saturday, to get back to work on the GK.

Last edited by Redman; 04-24-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I did indeed, at lunch. Found a mtn pass road still covered in snow, and tons of blossoms in the orchards. The bike is absolutely stunning me, so smooth, such a great great bike. It seems to like being ridden more, making me think it had sat for a year or three before I bought it. It's like it's waking up, blowing out cobwebs, and getting back into shape.

KBRY9723P by gordopuggy, on Flickr

KBRY9754P by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KillRamsey View Post
                            ....................... Found a mtn pass road still covered in snow, and tons of blossoms in the orchards. ......................
                            KR, Welcome to TheGSR. Thanks for posting.
                            Lots of folks like the 1000s.

Nice pics of nice bike.
                            Wonder if you know why it has the smaller chrome headlight bucket...? Changed to halogen?

That second pic, especially, would seem to qualify for the Picture Of The Week game-contest in Campfire section. Because this week is: Spring Time, trees, flowers and such.
                            Last edited by Redman; 04-24-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              That second pic, especially, would seem to qualify for the Picture Of The Week game-contest in Campfire section. Because this week is: Spring Time, trees, flowers and such.
                              And just so you know where that is....https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-the-week-game
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Done and done! Thanks Bob.

The smaller headlight ain't some bright new addition -- it was, I believe, necessary for the PO to install some kind of big fairing that didn't make it to me. This headlight kinda sucks... it's dim, it looks a little silly being so small, and when I put on the high beam at night, the high beam is aimed LOWER than the normal beam. But the headlight housing is right side up. Wonder if the sealed beam was installed upside down?

Comment

Working...
                                X