No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small group of us did a moonlight ride up to Cloudcroft for some amazing pizza, a brew and a live band. The ride home was great with the moon oh so bright. pic1.jpg
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Crest Route Wrightwood.jpg

Nice little route I put together on Tuesday as part of some store surveys I had to do... The top 70 or so miles were empty, saw about half a dozen cars over the hour or so that I was riding it and just a couple of bikes. Had to overtake 3 cars, all of which pulled over for me. Best ride in a long time for traffic.
      Hard to believe this close to the city. All about timing (& dealing with the heat).
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

IMG_5326.jpg

Needed a bit of luggage space so was on the KLR
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Nice! It feels like only recently that you posted a pic of 100k miles....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Gorgeous ride in this AM

Just another Vermont sunrise...
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman

Was out riding in the 95 degree heat yesterday, knew I had a milestone coming up. Camera wouldn't focus on the mileage on the side of the road, so I had to wait till I got home to get some documentation.

Now that she's finally broken in I'll be able to put the whip to her a little more.

Time to go for a ride, rinse and repeat.
              250K is pretty epic! FZ1 is a damn good choice to put miles like that on!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Just another Vermont sunrise...
                Nice !
                Great that you noticed the scene.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pics, Jedz.
                  Certainly make me want to take the long way into work.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Nice pics, Jedz.
                    Certainly make me want to take the long way into work.
                    Thanks!

I did it again today with intention on taking the very long way home again.

Pic off of IG...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Go for ride...? Me...?

No.

But did drive into Grand Rapids to the the big multi-brand dealer there (looking at jackets and helmets) for an openhouse event.

Found my son (Redmanson, some of you have meet) and my son-in-law (recently moved back from SanDiego) there.

THEY rode

Justin Redmanson, on left, demonstrating his communication system, calling wife to say is on the way.

Yes, that is my Harley-Riding-Son-In-Law there on the right. (well, that is what I used to call him) (but that is another entire story).
                      Last edited by Redman; 07-27-2019, 01:53 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad to see they're considering something else to ride beside the same old V twin.....
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Son-In-Law sold his loud (obnoxious) HD (ape hangers, solo seat) in Calif, before the move back, After having a baby and neighbors also had a loud HD.

He Bought the FJR here (before getting house or car actually).
                          Says maybe it had to do with having the BMW RT in his garage for 5 years.
                          Says he is now glad to have a bike he actaully wants to ride more than 15 minutes, more than once a month.
                          Says is nice to have foot pegs under him, so can put weight on them for control and for adjusting his position.
                          Says now needs ear plugs since can hear the wind noise (instead of just exhaust noise).
                          Last edited by Redman; 07-27-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Son-In-Law sold his loud (obnoxious) HD (ape hangers, solo seat) in Calif, before the move back, After having a baby and neighbors also had a loud HD.

He Bought the FJR here (before getting house or car actually).
                            Says maybe it had to do with having the BMW RT in his garage for 5 years.
                            Says he is now glad to have a bike he actaully wants to ride more than 15 minutes, more than once a month.
                            Says is nice to have foot pegs under him, so can put weight on them for control and for adjusting his position.
                            Says now needs ear plugs since can hear the wind noise (instead of just exhaust noise).
                            I happy for your family.......
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Didn't have to work yesterday so took a short drive around the Lake (Lake of the Ozarks, MO) to check out some of the tourist/weekender activity...Ha Ha Tonka State Park.

IMG_2466 (800x600)

IMG_2467 (800x600)

1980 Suzuki GS 1100LT
                              16 Valve DOHC
                              Original Owner

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                                Sorry for posting so late but these pics are of my visit to see my son in Honolulu. He was kind enough to let me use his Triumph Bonneville while there.

That's awesome Larry!!! Like the Bonneville?
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X