Clear All

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      That's awesome Larry!!! Like the Bonneville?
      Hi Justin, yes I did like the Bonneville after all, what's not to like about a free bike to ride while in Hawaii?
      Especially a Triumph. A bit different than my 800 but still quite adequate for riding around the island. I just hope he doesn't get tired of the fact that he is land locked.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
        Hi Justin, yes I did like the Bonneville after all, what's not to like about a free bike to ride while in Hawaii?
        Especially a Triumph. A bit different than my 800 but still quite adequate for riding around the island. I just hope he doesn't get tired of the fact that he is land locked.
        I can't imagine living on an island... I would go nuts!
        Congrats on the Tiger 800, I guess I missed that post. Kinda comparing clementines to grapefruits...
        Free is always good!!! Especially when Free is a new a water-cooled Bonnie!
        Enjoy! Be Well Larry hope to see ya next year!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          I can't imagine living on an island... I would go nuts!
          Congrats on the Tiger 800, I guess I missed that post. Kinda comparing clementines to grapefruits...
          Free is always good!!! Especially when Free is a new a water-cooled Bonnie!
          Enjoy! Be Well Larry hope to see ya next year!
          It might be tough living on an island but the views he gets from his 29th floor apartment is awesome. Step out onto the Lanai and you look directly at Diamond head and the ocean . Climate is pretty exceptional also.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
            It might be tough living on an island but the views he gets from his 29th floor apartment is awesome. Step out onto the Lanai and you look directly at Diamond head and the ocean . Climate is pretty exceptional also.
            I have no idea who you guys are talking about but; I lived there and know what it's like. A 29th floor apartment is awesome for 3-4 days, that view gets old real quick.
            Living on an island for somebody who likes road trips riding or driving, it's an exile, like Napoleon on Elba. After a year you wanna get back on the mainland!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Another gorgeous morning after an evening of heavy thunderstorms...

Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                I have no idea who you guys are talking about but; I lived there and know what it's like. A 29th floor apartment is awesome for 3-4 days, that view gets old real quick.
                Living on an island for somebody who likes road trips riding or driving, it's an exile, like Napoleon on Elba. After a year you wanna get back on the mainland!

Bill, we are talking about my son who is in Hawaii. He services claims filed through the VA. Works from home most days using 2 computers and only has to report into the office usually on Fridays.

He has been there 2 years this month and is still loving every minute of it. His mother and I were there to visit him in June and that view sure never got old to me. I am going back to visit for another week on the 14th of this month. It's all good except for the long night flight back to the mainland.

My son has spent lots of years at various spots including Germany, Fargo, North Dakota, Texas and Colorado and he has said it will take a lot of convincing him to leave Hawaii.

But to each their own. What works for one will not work for another.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

My wife and I went to Oliver for the week to vineyard country...Oliver BC...Of course I talked her into taking a motorcycle....

No signature

Comment

Did you guys check out Area 27?
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                      Did you guys check out Area 27?
                      Not this time...I have a couple of years ago...at our hotel this beauty showed up....he had rode in from Vancouver to do a track day and stay the night.

No signature

Comment

Very nice Trev!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Ride in Michigan to Gingerman Raceway

Enjoyed a lovely ride and stopped at this overlook In St. Joeseph

Watched a few races and talked with some riders.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

riding with mrs. eli today we stopped at a park that we hadn't been to since we were teenagers. took me a while to figure out why we hadn't been there in so long. the reason was that every time we went there the cops found a reason to throw us out. anyway, my wife asked me what the things with the chains were and I actually knew that because of the gsr forum and explained they were for a frisbee game and so my wife was impressed and I felt smart.

it was a nice ride, uneventful except for one emergency stop for a family of hooved rats or as my wife called them, "cute little guys".

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Eli, is that Chestnut Ridge?
                              We used to visit there a couple times a year, a great park.
                              I think they put in the disc golf course abut 15 years ago.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                Eli, is that Chestnut Ridge?
                                We used to visit there a couple times a year, a great park.
                                I think they put in the disc golf course abut 15 years ago.
                                Emery park, not real far from chestnut ridge park though. Both parks are on the edges of what I guess would be called affluent suburban areas.
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X