anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
    Took the GS1000 out for a spin to see if I could figure out what was causing the "loose" rear end. I suspected the new tire on the rear? Turns out the swingarm bolt needed tightening about 1/4 turn! Stopped by one of the local landmarks and got a pic of the sign with the bike.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58912[/ATTACH]

Nice place, but, I'm glad I quit drinking their product some time back. Now I have more cash for bike parts!

Ron
    You should enter that pic in the current Photo of the Week
    Wild turkey this way.....Baptist Church that way. Decisions, Decisions? lol.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Its a shame that an electronic photocell passes as a camera these days.

Nice Katana synthesis hay abuser btw
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        You should enter that pic in the current Photo of the Week
        Wild turkey this way.....Baptist Church that way. Decisions, Decisions? lol.
        This image pops into my mind.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

20190908_154609.jpg

Rallying in Vermont.
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            I rode my Kat to Trevor's show today...

... bike decided to eat its starter clutch and needed to be bump-started to leave the show but otherwise it was a good day.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

On a related topic, will trade 40 year old Japanese motorcycle for a reasonable modern one.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Do you ever have those days where the ride itself is more important than stopping to smell the roses or taking pictures? This afternoon was one of those times for me as I just rode non-stop for 70 miles out west of the house. Everything flowed nicely as the curves moved around me with only a few miles of having to sit behind cars during the more boring part of the ride. It sure was a nice end to the day.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Here's been my only ride last week. Yesterday I paid for it and laid on the couch most of the day building this video...
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Great video, Jedz! I've been subscribed and this morning, I was able to enjoy the entire video at work.

My duty hours are 6am-2:30pm/M-F/No weekends/No Holidays. It's the best job I've had since I retired from the AF in 2011...this is my 7th gig and so far the most beneficial.

Keep up the great video experience and get that throttle cable fixed! Lol

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I went for a ride yesterday to the Sternwheel Festival in Marietta Ohio, on the Ohio river. There were only two Sternwheel boats there when I arrived Sunday afternoon. I guess I missed all of Fridays and Saturdays activities. I wanted to go down Saturday and spend the night and come home Sunday... It was still a good time and great ride, taking my favorite backroads getting there. A nice 380 mile day trip.
                      Attached Files
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        I went for a ride yesterday to the Sternwheel Festival in Marietta Ohio, on the Ohio river. There were only two Sternwheel boats there when I arrived Sunday afternoon. I guess I missed all of Fridays and Saturdays activities. I wanted to go down Saturday and spend the night and come home Sunday... It was still a good time and great ride, taking my favorite backroads getting there. A nice 380 mile day trip.
                        Looks Awesome Norm!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Do you ever have those days where the ride itself is more important than stopping to smell the roses or taking pictures? This afternoon was one of those times for me as I just rode non-stop for 70 miles out west of the house. Everything flowed nicely as the curves moved around me with only a few miles of having to sit behind cars during the more boring part of the ride. It sure was a nice end to the day.
                          I really look forward to those Scott, they're my mind clearing rides. Just focusing on the riding clears all the garbage out of my head and gives me some space to breathe and relax.

I always feel better after that
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Absolutely! Had one today. Bit of a row with girlfriend so i went for a ride just to get away from things for a bit.
                            Started off at Warp 11 pace which is never a good idea when the head is not clear. Very soon the pace slowed, head cleared and just enjoyed the 100 mile loop.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Do you ever have those days where the ride itself is more important than stopping to smell the roses or taking pictures? . . . . . . .
                              Yes, Sunday early afternoon was.
                              For my 2nd ride since June 22nd.

And that is why only stopped once for a picture.

Was out for about hour and half.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Then Sunday evening,

Rode into into GRand Rapids to our daughter's house for some babysitting duties Monday. (this is what is great about haveing then back from CAlifornia).

Monday afternoon, bike would not start. Cranked but not start.
                                Took me about 5 minutes to find the kill switch somehow got knocked out of position. Then it started fine.

Mid 60s is warm enough.

Rode to to Newaygo

And then back home on some great roads along the Muskegon River

Had a good 3 hours of it.
                                Everything was good. Except new helmet is still way too tight.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X