No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a gorgeous bike, Steve (lol-I wrote Chris initially). Fun photo!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      . . . Went out on a nice ride today.
      Found this Texaco sign not far from the house.
      interesting.
      made me wonder if that was a station there or if some collector put it there. And also wondered what vintage it was.

so the other day you were out on the 600.
      now the 900.
      i see the progression.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        interesting.
        made me wonder if that was a station there or if some collector put it there. And also wondered what vintage it was.

so the other day you were out on the 600.
        now the 900.
        i see the progression.

Will he next head out on a Harley?
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Speaking of Harleys, I took the Sportster on a little 300 miler this weekend up to Show Low and back. This ride uses Highway 60 and cuts through Salt River Canyon, so it is twisty and fun. Drop-offs can be nearly 1000 feet, and cliffs frequently rise hundreds of feet overhead. Up in Show Low, I enjoyed time at the Black Horse Brewery, and on the way back to Phoenix, I stopped in old town Globe for a Barrio Mocha Java Stout at the Drift Inn, which has been in business since 1902.

IMG_0456.jpg
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

And one of the bike in the same spot.

IMG_0455.jpg
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              And one of the bike in the same spot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59035[/ATTACH]
              That's your 883 "Superlow"?

Don't look like mine. Air cleaner and exhaust are the first changes I see. Make any difference in the performance (or even just the sound)?

See you stayed with the stock seat. What are the hold down points for the luggage behind the seat?

Ever bottom her out? I've had some 'encounters' with speed bumps and the threshold between my patio and living room.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Did...Had a nice morning. Went north to the Norris Dam, as the Trophy had not been there, and then a bunch nice back roads....

The Dam...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Huge performance change, Rob. Running a fuel injection programmer as well. Stock, it had 41 horsepower on the dyno. After tuning, it has 52. Torque is up by about 6 lb ft as well. When I got it, it ran well, but on a long climb into the mountains sort of ran into a wall at about 75-80 mph. On this recent trip, elevations ranged from 1800 to 6400 feet, and it would accelerate well past 90 with no problems.

That is not the stock saddle-not remotely. Those things plain suck. It is a Saddlemen Renegade. The hold down points are the notch by the shocks and the rack that I have installed. Never bottom out. I upgraded the suspension front and rear significantly.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Did...Had a nice morning. Went north to the Norris Dam, as the Trophy had not been there, and then a bunch nice back roads....
                    Good!

THe 600.
                    Then the 900.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      Oh, keep them darn motosickeles off the boat ramps... 
                      Oaky, Norm.
                      Just for you.
                      I stayed off the docks.

That was meant to be a sunrize ride out for breakfast. But wasnt really any sunrize.

THen after going out for coffee, went for ride along the lakeshore.

Comment

Came to this place in the road that is significant to me and my history of riding. THis is along the way I used to go to/from work at the time. In my first year (1979/80) of riding (KZ400), going home in this direction

(it used to be a gravel shoulder, and was no bike path bridge, just swamp on other side of the guardrail)
                        I was leaning into the curve, saw a few stones in the road about in my intended path and I said "I hope I dont hit one of those." and held my breath, and tensed up, and happend to go inbetween them.
                        On another occassion a few days later was going home thru that same curve and ended up going wide, onto the gravel shoulder of the road and was going along right next to the guard rail, watching the guard rail going past my foot/ankle, seeing the swamp/wetland on other side and imagining my self flying off in to the swamp with a mangled leg.

I somehow managed to slow down and get back on the pavement, and continue on my way.....
                        I recall stopping somewhere before got home, and pondering it all..... and pondering it all again and again over next few days.
                        At one point I said to myself "Now wonder so many get killed on these things if that is all the better control that have of it."

Then a couple days later, there was motorcycle racing on TV (Wide World Of Sports?). And I watched those guys. What!?! Huh!?! how are those guys throwing the bike from side to side going thru S curves??? And I am going thru a tame curve and saying "hope I dont hit that little stone up there".....?? Are those bikes that different from mine? DO they know something I dont???

((lets see if I can shorten this story.....)) Over the next few days, riding the bike on straight back roads, I experimented around with trying to get the bike turn quicker..... tried jerking my weight around, tried slapping knee against tank, ..... tried pulling handle bars over with a jerk, something about that seemed to have a real quick effect ...... and after some more playing around, I discovered countersteering (but didnt know to call it that)... and realized that since I first got the bike I had been steering just by leaning and shifting wieght on foot pegs, that kinda works but is slow to respond and dont have much fine control. Things were much better after that.
                        Last edited by Redman; 09-25-2019, 02:02 PM. Reason: testimony

Comment

I love it here this time of year...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            I love it here this time of year...
                            Sweet pic!
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Sweet pic!
                              Thanks! That nearly 19 year old motorcycle is getting in the way of a good view
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Thanks! That nearly 19 year old motorcycle is getting in the way of a good view
                                Yep. I enjoyed 55K on my '03. Great machine, but never one that captured my heart. Possibly the best deal in motorcycling these days, though. I love your enthusiasm for them.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X