No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hung out with Andy and Barney for a few this a.m.

Comment

Mate the GR's looking good!

I do actually have a shot of my mount, and I use a hinge on the bottom so I only need one bolt to tighten it, although I think replacing the nut with a thumb screw or wing nut would be better.

I've since removed the second bit of metal attached to the front and will trim it down even further once I get the camera replaced, it's still a little too vibey.

The little clip you see hanging down is for the lanyard which I tied off on the cross brace.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
        Well, I only got about 15 minutes of video at 1080 HD anyway, so the short battery life wouldn't affect much.

I'm toying with bending the top part of the short leg back over until it touches the longer one to see if that adds any stability.
        Sounds like a yoga move.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

I do actually have a shot of my mount, and I use a hinge on the bottom so I only need one bolt to tighten it, although I think replacing the nut with a thumb screw or wing nut would be better.

I've since removed the second bit of metal attached to the front and will trim it down even further once I get the camera replaced, it's still a little too vibey.

The little clip you see hanging down is for the lanyard which I tied off on the cross brace.
          Thanks, Pete! Running well at the moment too!

Not a bad idea on your camera mount, but I can see where trimming it a bit might reduce some of the vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
            Thanks, Pete! Running well at the moment too!

Not a bad idea on your camera mount, but I can see where trimming it a bit might reduce some of the vibes.
            Glad to hear it

And yeah that mount definitely needs trimming!

sigpic

Comment

A completely needless post...

But I was so sore from detailing the thousand that I felt I had to get out the SLR and see what I could get. It was beautifully overcast & dark this afternoon after a romp out to the Utica, IL area, so I could use a bit of fill flash. The downside is, I can only shoot relatively oblique shots. With existing light, I should have shot a few that are almost perpendicular to the bike.

It looks a little cluttered with the big GPS unit hanging off the bars on the right, but it's just too useful to be without! Gorgeous day for doing almost anything!

and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

wow, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

nice set up. the only thing that would worry me is in the event of an accident (why i pray never happens to any of us).
                  lot of stout sharp metal edges that could do some damage.

Comment

Country Road Roam

Suzi83 taking it slow on the back roads with "Suzuki Blue/White Sky" above.

Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2012, 09:39 AM. Reason: pics

Comment

Rode the bike to work today.

hopefully it doesnt rain. seat has a slight split.

yes i know i need to clean up those pipes.... its on the list.

Brian
                      Brian

82 GS1100E
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                        ...... It was beautifully overcast &

RB,

Yes, Overcast is my favorite condition for photo of bike.

And your bike looks great about anytime.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by elrico View Post
                          And your bike is nothing to sneeze at, but this picture makes me think I might be sneezing.

Interesting vantage point.
                          Speaking in terms of photo composition; the forground overlaps the main object and the background.

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

But I was so sore from detailing the thousand that I felt I had to get out the SLR and see what I could get. It was beautifully overcast & dark this afternoon after a romp out to the Utica, IL area, so I could use a bit of fill flash. The downside is, I can only shoot relatively oblique shots. With existing light, I should have shot a few that are almost perpendicular to the bike.

It looks a little cluttered with the big GPS unit hanging off the bars on the right, but it's just too useful to be without! Gorgeous day for doing almost anything!

Looks like a Bike of the Month candidate to me.
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Suzuki Sky Day

Yes,Redman,Your insight re:composition is something to ponder.Laying in ditch with old stiff body(mine...) with blinding sun,I couldn't even see what I was actually,precisely composing.with the sky and clouds..the little blue/white GS was almost one,invisible in the upper atmosphere.I thought grounding my self to tera-firma would help steady my camera.Getting up out of said ditch,now that would be a pic to behold.Thanks!

Comment

Very tasty Mr Barr! Definitely a +1 to BOM material

Originally posted by wes cooley View Post
                                nice set up. the only thing that would worry me is in the event of an accident (why i pray never happens to any of us).
                                lot of stout sharp metal edges that could do some damage.
                                Thanks! And yes I totally agree on that. If I ever manage to get that dodgy little camera working (sending it back to Hong Kong) then that bracket will definitely be getting more work. The edges/corners are smoothed with a file but the need more rounding off and it could do with a quick squirt of satin black as well. Definitely a prototype at present...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X