No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportster alive and well on Boot Hill. Photos have been working terribly on this site, though they are easily posted on other forums.

Boot Hill Sportster.jpg
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Teeny ride.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        Sportster alive and well on Boot Hill. Photos have been working terribly on this site, though they are easily posted on other forums.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60939[/ATTACH]
        I have no problem with my photo bucket pics.....or I simply ctrl and copy from places like my facebook...works like a charm.
        No signature

Comment

I don't use Photo Bucket, Trevor.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

I don't use Photo Bucket, Trevor.
            Maybe you should.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Maybe you should.
              Nah. No more memberships to stuff, thank you very much.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I’ve been using imgur for a while now and have gotten used to it. Until just now I could not find a way to get the BBCode of an image using my iPhone. Trick is to not use the imgur app. Use the full site in Safari.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  I’ve been using imgur for a while now and have gotten used to it. Until just now I could not find a way to get the BBCode of an image using my iPhone. Trick is to not use the imgur app. Use the full site in Safari.
                  Cool info! Thanks!
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    So when you go to Albuquerque do you take a left?
                    Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Yes, especially if the chile is better in that direction.
                    Well, that would not be a wrong turn.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

So you go there for the chili, not the carrots.
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I went on a ride today. It was pouring down, and all the roads out of the city were sketchy because of snow and a relatively low temperature. So I decided to ride around the city and try to ride in heavier traffic.

First I tried a dirt road, mostly slippery mud and gravel. It was slippery but the bike seems to handle mud and gravel decently well, not sure if the Battlax BT45 is the best offroad tires though. Then again I'd estimate that 2% of my riding is on gravel/mud so it would probably be adequate to go slower.

Then I rode around the city looking at the traffic in the rain. Stopped for a coffee and someone said: "Its almost like you should have winter tyres". It wasn't really snowing inside the city though, just heavy rain.

I was just practicing tight turns, situational awareness and red lights. Im amazed that this bike wants to stay upright in so low speeds, like even bellow walking speed I can keep my foot up. I also did some U-turns, I need to get more comfortable with full lock turns.

It seems my bike runs better now, and it seems less smokey when it starts.

I didn't get any pictures, it wasn't too tempting to jump off in the rain. I should buy a rain suit.
                        GS1000G 1981

Comment

The more you ride those old bikes, often the better they run.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

The more you ride those old bikes, often the better they run.
                            Oooh, my boss semed positive for me to move his merc down to Oslo with a trailer. So I might get to ride it back to the north. Lets cross our fingers that the prime minister and the government will extend my forced vacation a couple of weeks.

That means my 2000 km trip might be back on if the government says so. I feel so annoyed at being trapped by snowy mountains and a closed border (its open but if I cross it Ill be quarantined for 14 days on reentry, and wont be able to work).

My magician friend has offered me his appartment in Oslo (the lucky bastard is stuck in barbados with his barbadosian girlfriend) so its free to use by me and the missus. And she can fly back (shes from texas and I assume riding in -4c / 25f through the mountains would be brutal for her). I might need one night in a hotel or in a hammock (thinking 3x 600km on the way back) though. Attaching sleeping bag, tent, and luggage seems hard on the pillion. Why didnt I get a zx6r with the nice attachment bobbins or whatever for luggage? :P

But yeah, the bike seems to be loving the trips. On friday I get new like, suspension seals so then Im good to go whereever!
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

You sound like just the sort of owner that old GS needed, Noreg!
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Im so pleased I went early to the repair place to get my bike fixed. It seems like this years season was a really short one.

Weather will be trash for the weekend too, and they just announced I am back in work on monday, probably. So I can't do my long trip fro at least a few weeks.

This morning there were snow on the roads when I woke up too.
                                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X