• Show
Clear All

If I lived there, I'd want a Unimog.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Still trying to capture a decent pic of the moon. Took this last night.

I'll try again tonight.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        If I lived there, I'd want a Unimog.
        AWD and 4wd is more dangerous when its slippery, more accidents and more severe ones.

In the Mercedes A-class Im fine even without studded tyres. Ive driven with snow over the bumper, covering half the grill. It requires some finesse, but I always get out on my own machine. A few weeks back I didn't realize the snow got deeper and deeper and drove it into a snowbank outside the garage. I just rocked it back and forth a bit and got lose.

I had a few neighbouers struggle, but they seemed to lack techniques. Someone stuck in a Ford didn't understand rocking back and forth (if you can move 3-4 inches, you aren't stuck), and some teen was just awfull at gaining speed before the hill (for some absurd reason he wanted to reverse it into a parking spot and start his acceleration with a 90 degree turn -.-" loosing all speed. After some convincing he sort of kind of managed to start accelerating aiming the car where he wanted to go). But that was an E-golf, so to someone inexperienced the crap stock tyres and the way to sensitive throttle could be a challenge.

With that said, I wouldn't mind having a Zetros RV with 6wd. Completely overkill for anything legal in Norway, but for that one day a year where its actually hard to drive, it would be dope.
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

I feel that a Unimog would be very up to any task I could ask of it. Not a high horsepower roadburner-just massive torque, tons of tire and a lot of weight. Plus, they are just fabulous to look at!

I love this video!
          Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 05-07-2020, 07:54 PM.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            I feel that a Unimog would be very up to any task I could ask of it. Not a high horsepower roadburner-just massive torque, tons of tire and a lot of weight. Plus, they are just fabulous to look at!

I love this video!

What about this? I saw a zetros on the roads here. Its so intimidating.

And imagine how much you save when it doubles as a boat!
            GS1000G 1981

Comment

That is amazing! LoL!!

Regarding the Mog, I like the 404 versions most: Smaller, maneuverable, go-anywhere, do-anything vehicles!
              Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 05-08-2020, 09:20 AM.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Got my bike back from the shop, they said I need steering bearings too! I said Id take the bike back to park it in the garage, rather than let it sit outside in the snow for a week. So theyll call me when they get parts.

I went for a short, and cold ride. Its around 2c / 36f and it was snowing quite heavily. And my bike really needs a wash.
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Heres a short vid of my GS in action. 223.jpg
                  Last edited by GSGENO; 05-09-2020, 07:00 AM.
                  1985 GS1150E 22k miles Work in progress

Comment

Ride started out with a chubby cat 2 houses down sitting in the middle of the road, unperturbed by the sound of a Yosh, lazily walking to the sidewalk.

Then a solid black cat crossed my path (guitar lick), 1/2 mile later a deer 1ft off the road on a blind right grazing, unperturbed like the cat by cars or bikes.

Then on to the bunnies, 1st one frozen in the opposite lane, the other three were playing lets cross the road at the last minute before we get hit.

Then the owl that dive bombed from a tree, swooping back up right above my helmet.

When returning home to top off at Pacific Pride a Sheriff in an Ford Escape pulls up on the other side of the pump.

He's first to the card reader... asks me it I would like pump #9 or #10? I said #9 would be good, thanks.

That was it.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                      Heres a short vid of my GS in action. [ATTACH=CONFIG]60973[/ATTACH]
                      That's the proper way to ride that bike!
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Gene, nice video. I see a lot of throttle wrist action there.
                        This may be the simplest and most effect mod. It works a treat.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Took the GS shopping for a mother's day gift. I'm just glad she didn't ask for a dishwasher.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That was a fun ride Mr gsgeno. Btw, still snowing here so....

And mr. Burque73, if mrs. Burque73 likes that mixer half as much as my wife likes hers then you're in.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              .....................Burque73, if mrs. Burque73 likes that mixer half as much as my wife likes hers then you're in.
                              I think she's happy with it. That thing is like having a Shopsmith on the kitchen counter. I'm amazed how many cool attachments can be powered from it.

Hopefully this doesn't lead to setting more cabinets to store all the parts and creating more counter space.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                                Heres a short vid of my GS in action. [ATTACH=CONFIG]60973[/ATTACH]
                                Are there any roads around there with some curves?
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X