No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuffs changin in the missouri ozarks....

Comment

Yep, got out for a short ride with the wife today (which isn't often enough). The trees were beautiful. Surprising given the lack of any rain this summer. The west is nice and New England is amazing but Missouri can be down right gorgeous in the fall. Like a mix of the west and the northeast.
      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Yup...46 degrees F and 30mph gusts made for a nice fall ride today. Not the best of tree colors this year, but who cares when scooting the back roads on the GS450.

Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post
          The west is nice and New England is amazing but Missouri can be down right gorgeous in the fall. Like a mix of the west and the northeast.
          Oh man, you CANNOT post a phrase like that without pictures!
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

About 30 minutes from my place is The Comfort Maple.
            Guesstimated to be 530 years old making it the oldest sugar maple in Canada.
            It has had many repairs and is starting to look a little rough around the edges.
            Sort of like our old bikes.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Good ride today on the dirt roads and rocky terrain with my wife on the GS450....

Comment

I know guys, it's cold up there, but it's not my fault. But right now down here it's just utterly fantastic as far as the weather goes. I feel we earned it with a hot and very wet summer.
                So, I decided to take out the 1K, avoid Biketoberfest and hit the rural roads.
                I stopped at this little park to take a smoke break. (What's that officer? sign, what sign? Oh, that sign, you mean you're supposed to obey that? I just thought it was a joke.)

One of the things thats as fun as motorcycles are airboats. Especially when you power drift them, I've been on a few and you usually sit up real high and haul butt over the shallows. What a blast. I stopped at this little place (bar, fish camp, boat dock, restaurant) and saw this one.

Here's my bike looking out towards the St. John's river basin. One of the few rivers that flow north. This river has a tremendous amount of wall mounting size largemouth bass. The wierd thing about Florida is there's a zillion places to fish, and has some of the best fishing in the world and you hardly ever see anyone fishing. Since I've been back here in early 2006 I've only fished once myself and I love fishing.

This little bike just never gets old to me. So much fun to ride, easy to handle, more than enough power, I love the styling, simplicity, and this bike now is 34 years old (has a Aug 78 manufacture date).

sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Today I went out and cleaned/organized my garage. It was needed. Got to make some room. The weather here was cloudy with some sunshine around 10 degrees (48) I figured I might not get to ride for a bit, met my wife at a coffee shop, so I went out on my 750 for a little spin around 70kms. We have some nice back roads. I was a bit cold...I better toughen up as winter is coming and I got 3 bikes to ride. I really do like riding my old GS
                  This was taken about 10 min from my house over looking the Pacific.
                  Last edited by trevor; 10-21-2012, 10:04 PM.
                  No signature

Comment

Will be posting more in Fall Color.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I need to get out soon, all you lot are makin' me jealous

Weather wise... 33 celcius today... had to make a detour on the way home from work which got me caught in traffic and I was baking... first time I've actually felt the heat from my pipe under my left leg! When I did get moving the wind was hot and felt like I was riding into a furnace...
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        I need to get out soon, all you lot are makin' me jealous

Weather wise... 33 celcius today... had to make a detour on the way home from work which got me caught in traffic and I was baking... first time I've actually felt the heat from my pipe under my left leg! When I did get moving the wind was hot and felt like I was riding into a furnace...
                        Maybe we can work out a GS international rider exchange program...you fly here and enjoy my 3C(37F) weather and my GS450 and I fly there and enjoy your 33C(91F) weather down under and your GS450 for a time. I'll be layering up in an hour to head out on the GS if that helps you feel cooler. Here's an up close and personal photo taken yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                          Maybe we can work out a GS international rider exchange program...you fly here and enjoy my 3C(37F) weather and my GS450 and I fly there and enjoy your 33C(91F) weather down under and your GS450 for a time. I'll be layering up in an hour to head out on the GS if that helps you feel cooler. Here's an up close and personal photo taken yesterday!

You reminded me that we had a member on here perhaps seven or eight years ago. I met him when he was looking to re-build Suziki GK seats in fibreglass, and wanted a template.

i cannot recall his screen name, but I believe his real name was Ted Warren. He had a GK and a couple of Bimmers. He and his wife belonged to an international group of bikers that did exactly what you describe: they swapped bikes, homes, and experiences around the world He showed me photos of New Zealand and several north-western European countries from trips he and his wife had taken....on other people's bikes!

I don't recall the name of the group and the e-mail system I was using then has closed down.
                          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

probably the last ride this year for the skunk les pew, the starter clutch seems to be shot, again. no biggie. here's a couple pics:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Still plenty of riding left in NH....66 degrees and today's view.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post

Your bike looks great Steve!

Comment

Working...
                                X