No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pictiures for a lame swap meet in Chilliwack BC today.
    Guess just lack of interest which is unfortunate.
    Remember one I went to in 1998 when then YZF R1 came out,
    thou I think there was some sort of race associated with it on airfield with like two turns & maybe chicane,
    lots of cool bikes & big turn out 25 years ago. Guess it was the last Chilliwack swap I went to.
    A turbo extended Busa showed up with a 15" exhaust. Heard it arrive, but it was underwhelming.
    Got 90 mile ride outta of it. Kinda of a flat liner ride.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Great ride reports and pics, fellas!

Should be able to do some moto-camping with my son in September. If the forests haven't all burned up that is.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Trailered my Bandit 1200 down to set up a base camp in Rosman NC and rode out to Suches GA with my brother, who heroically rode down 600 miles through the rain on his trusty '79 XS750F 600 miles in a single day from State College PA to join up, as well as a friend from Greenville SC rode up on his yellow DL1000. Two incredible days of riding full of adrenaline pumping twisties, I narrowed the "chicken strips" on the Bandit to very narrow bands, my bro kept up amazingly well on his XS750F I could hardly shake him as he threw up showers of sparks. Camped out at Two Wheels of Suches which is an awesome moto-only campground and made some fast friends (Robert who trailered his gen 1 Bandit 600S up from the Atlanta area). On the second day we did about 5-6 miles of pretty rutted gravel roads, I tip-toed the Bandit through I was worried about denting up my beautiful stainless exhaust header. Shortly after that I had my first low-side accident in 18 years of having a motorcycle endorsement. Tight corner at the top of a rise, with a thick layer of dirt and gravel right at the apex. I came up on it, was already leaned over, didn't react (thought I could just sail through) and the front end slid out immediately. It went "ok there's gravel there ok I'm sliding on the pavement." Got off very easy with a bruised/jammed pinky finger and a lightly skinned knee (I keep meaning to buy armored riding pants but was riding in jeans like usual that day). The rest of my gear did its thing, my steel toe boots that I ride in got tore open right to the steel toe cap. The Bandit got off quite easily as well, the aftermarket engine guards took the hit beautifully, the only damage were a scratched/dented headlight trim ring, mirror, and clutch lever, a broken turn signal stalk, a small crack in the rear fender, and a scratched/broken aftermarket flyscreen. Have been analyzing what happened and what I could have done better, but all in all I'd say perhaps it was just my time (statistically speaking) and I'm glad I got off as easily as I did. In hindsight I should have tried to stand the bike up even if that would have meant having to jam on the brakes and go off the road a bit. Will add a few more pics later and maybe turn it into a full ride report.

IMG_1061.jpg
        Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
        Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Hey, Gtem, sounds like quite an adventure.
          ew, not good, bike damage and good that only slight injury. Another story of the gear doing its job.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

63D5D6AC-2CF3-492C-9CA5-F37FD32B6D06.jpg
            Originally posted by Redman View Post
            4F0C8D2B-9FF5-4E4F-B64A-D0241AAB81F7.jpg THe food, the place, the bike and me, this afternoons lunch. Butch’s Beach Burrito.
            x

Picture posting in "Photo Of THe Week". THis week being "Lunch Break"....
            This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

and pic looking the other direction (Maybe Scott CowboyUp recognizes this place.) wildfire smoke in air looks like fog.

Was out for only about an hour today.

Last edited by Redman; 06-27-2023, 11:26 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

gtem, glad to hear your lowside wasn't more serious to you or your Bandit.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

6.5 20 minute sessions @ Ridge. Only 10 people in intermediate group.
                Lots of open space. It was a fun outing with no red flags or incidents.
                The downer was bizarre Dunlop Q5S tire wear.
                It was like three shelves, center compound no significant wear, mid lean all barked up,
                then the edge seemed to last longer than the middle, but had strange chunks showing at the end of the day
                Only 3 trackdays on this tire is done. Used to get 6-8 days on the Dunlop Q3+.

Although the haggard state of the rear tire, it worked really well, the front Q5 (non S) is amazing, no weird wear.

20230629_154342 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                20230629_154234 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got the Ugly out yesterday. Looking for camping spots on state land. We're planning a couple camping trips with grandkids. Rode a hundred miles or so and hiked 5 or 6.

Pretty smokey.

I flipped the odometer to 50K miles. That really doesn't mean anything cuz I have no idea how many miles are actually on this bike.

Another camping spot.

Old graveyard way back on a dirt road.

This guy's inscription is so Metal...
                  "Behold my friends as you pass by,
                  As you are now so once was I,
                  As I am now so you must be,
                  Prepare for death and follow me."

I'm kinda regretting the purple tank. It seemed like a good idea when I was looking at spray cans in the hardware store. Oh well, I'm stuck with it for awhile.....
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

“I'm kinda regretting the purple tank. It seemed like a good idea when I was looking at spray cans in the hardware store. Oh well, I'm stuck with it for awhile.....”

it was good enough for Prince…..
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That is an awesome poem.

Unsure about the purple paint either but oh well. It will do it's job and protect the tank.

Love the "R" badge, glad to still see it's there
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I love the look of "Ugly." A no-nonsense rider.
                        Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                        Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          Got the Ugly out yesterday. Looking for camping spots on state land. We're planning a couple camping trips with grandkids. .

. . . . . . .....
                          Nice report and enjoyable pics

Camping trip with grandkids.... the crasy little one ....? Should be intersting.

Not certain if have heard the story of the black jagged line across the windshield....... maybe have, seems somewhat familar, but dont specifically recall.

Comment

Took a little ride on the middle section of Skyline Drive. Haze from the wildfires was really bad.

Stony-Man-SLD.jpg
                            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Decided to go for a 4 hour ride after work and grab 200 miles. It was smokey but an awesome ride as I made my way through the Adirondack mountains. I chuckled at this shot of the Dirty Bird on my ferry ride back home to Vermont.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

9 of us took off on a 3 day trip this week. Victoria to Pemberton via Whistler for the night. Then to Merritt and back home Friday....man British Columbia is beautiful!
                                And it was great catching up with guys I have know for 40 years.

And a typical Canadian group ride...variety in bikes
                                Suzuki GT 1000
                                Bandit
                                BMW R1100S
                                BMW GS1200
                                Goldwing DCT
                                Super Tenera
                                Ducati Desert Sled
                                Honda VT Ascot
                                Kawasaki Vulcan

Last edited by trevor; 07-02-2023, 10:03 PM.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X