Looks like you enjoyed the trip!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Not certain if have heard the story of the black jagged line across the windshield....... maybe have, seems somewhat familar, but dont specifically recall.
      Mr Redman, the jagged line on the windshield is supposed to be the tail of the dragon. I'm not sure if I got it right side up. Basically my punk kid rode the dragon and all i got was this squiggly sticker.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Finally had my first ride with my new riding buddy. For the last 18 years I hoped that at least one of my sons would take an interest. Had a beautiful ride on the forest roads. The first of many, I’m sure. Noah did great.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I went for a short ~50 mile ride this morning before the heat rolled in. I didn't get any good scenery pictures, but right as I pulled into the grocery store parking lot I snapped a picture of my odometer. 33,333.3 miles to be exact! I've been waiting for this number for a while. Also, I'm getting close to hitting my 10k mile mark with this bike. In 1,215 miles I'll have put 10k miles on my GS850L in 6yrs of ownership. That doesn't hold a candle to what many of you ride, but to me it's quite a bit. Someday I hope to start taking real road trips on my bike, traveling the country. But for now I just commute and cruise the back roads near home. Small kids and a full time job make it tough to go on a multi-day multi-state trip, but it'll happen eventually!

- 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
          - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post
            . . . . . . . I'm getting close to hitting my 10k mile mark with this bike. In 1,215 miles I'll have put 10k miles on my GS850L in 6yrs of ownership. . . . . . .
            . . . . . . Someday I hope to start taking real road trips on my bike, traveling the country. . . . . . . .jpg[/img][/url]
            Good ! ! Keep at it !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Morning ride..... and photo excursion

.... and end up at coffee shop (no photo of that) ......
              a good Friday morning.
              Last edited by Redman; 07-07-2023, 01:38 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Morning ride..... and photo excursion

.... and end up at coffee shop (no photo of that) ......
                a good Friday morning.
                Nice to see the GK out!

I rode the "Thumb Loop" today with my neighbor. I live near Flint so it's easy to head NE to the tip of the thumb then down the east coastline and back across to the west. Beautiful day for a ride, weather couldn't have been better! Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures. My neighbor had an obligation this afternoon so we had to keep moving. Several good views of lake Huron shoreline, and I saw a bald eagle! Don't see those very often, so that was really cool. 289 miles round trip and my rear is sore. Still working on getting that iron butt certificate haha.
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Got out for a couple hours today....Looking for a "country road" photo....

Last edited by Baatfam; 07-10-2023, 03:24 PM.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Got out for a couple hours today.....
                    .3;
                    Good !

Nice pics.

THose ARE some back roads. Nice "lay of the land" on some of them.

Comment

Went out on the GS again this week, for about 2.5-3 hours. Made a stop at Norris Dam to get a photo of the plaque by the core sample up there. Didn't help much.

Nothin'

Nice view up top. Stopped in the shade for a bit.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Trailered my XS1100E out to the NY Finger Lakes last week to visit my parents with my family, did a few nice 100ish mile rides. Still exorcising a few low-rpm demons from the carbs but the bike did great on the whole.
                        XS1100oTisco.jpg
                        Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                        Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

And if you ever find yourself in the area make sure to get some lunch at the Wilcox general store out in Ledyard NY off of route 34B!Xs1100wilcox.jpg
                          Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                          Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Mr Bob baatfam, nice pics. I suspect the “core sample” (bigger than I have ever seen before- other than your pics) is of the rock in area near where dam was built. (As opposed to the concrete construction).

Mr gtem, nice pics. Hey, lunch at a general store sounds like a good idea.
                            and having a bike available on a week visit to finger lakes area is good idea too.
                            Last edited by Redman; 07-14-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Friday morning, had one of my morning ride/walk/ride.
                              About lunch time I ended up at local coffee/sandwich shop. Parked outside and went in. GOt my sandwich and sat down, then they opened the big side door . . . . .

Speaking of the local coffee/sandwhich shop... it opened a couple years ago on this end of town, away from all the more tourist places downtown, so I have been going there often.
                              Is operated by A newly retired guy and his son. I have fun chatting with him about retiring and then doing something like this.

ANyway, he has been saying that we should go for a ride together, so a couple weekends ago we did.
                              Was out for about 4 hours, including lunch stop. About 125 miles.
                              THis road is one that somewhat follows Muskegon River.

Stopping for a roadside pic was something new to him har har har
                              Last edited by Redman; 07-14-2023, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Other recent endeavor: trying to catch when is a ship comming in or going out the channel/piers.
                                GOt downtown early enough the other day to get parking spot next to the channell, so could get bike in a shot. Had low sun right at me, so not so good a pic, but only recent pic of ship and bike.

THis is a 128ft tug boat in the "notch" of a barge. Are seeing only a small portion of the barge. (not all barges are flat, some are more like a ship, in fact many were previously ships).

THEn I went down to the piers to catch it again.
                                No, could not get bike out on the piers.... well, suppose I could have, but didnt.

THis barge is about 500ft. Some of the others are 600 or 700ft. Some of the ships here are 700- 800.
                                (the 900-1000 footers cant make the turns in the channell here.)

In the distance can see lights of an other ship comming in. So I hung around for that too.
                                Last edited by Redman; 07-14-2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X