No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out for my first day of riding a dirtbike in 30 years today. A buddy took me out the Victoria Motorcycle Club, which is mostly a "trials" riding club, not the best place to be on a 400 dirtbike. It was raining and very slippery, rocks, tree roots and tight paths through the forest. I rode around the parking lot first to get a feel for the bike then went up to the top to a look out point with 5 or 6 guys on their funny little bikes. Boy can they go over some crazy terrain. Impressive for sure! I put the bike down only once but had plenty of close calls. I am so sore right now! Gonna go ride at a more appropriate place next weekend with my boy.

This is my buddies Gas Gas bike (made in Italy) costs around 8 grand new weighs a couple of a hundred pounds, 300cc.

my new ride...

Fatso himself...you can see why I need a 400 to get around. lol

look out point at the top, pretty misty day. It was beautiful!

This gives you an idea of the terrain...slickety slick!
    No signature

Comment

^^ Nice pics of recent ride Trevor.

I went for a ride today...in 32F weather. The snow had melted and I was determined to get a ride this weekend. Fixing my switch indicator motivated me to go out. I didn't take any pics because my hands were freezing.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Looks like you had a bucket of fun Trevor!

I'm finally saving the videos from my midweek run up Mt Nebo last week, might have them up tomorrow...

Too much wind and rain to do much here but supposed to be clearing up this week, should mean I can get out next Saturday morning.

They're expecting flooding Tuesday/Wednesday this week though so I'm guessing a lot of fun roads will be out on Saturday...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Mt Nebo midweek ride from last Tuesday.

Part 1:

http://youtu.be/U5zsMxBE1jI

Part 2:

http://youtu.be/RtNzkEPCpWs

Part 3 to come, probably tonight.

sigpic

Comment

And part 3...

http://youtu.be/eDHoO1WtEKU

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              Are those saguaro cacti?
              Yes they are. They only thrive in the Sonoran Desert and are only found in mid to southern AZ and northern Mexico and some at the very southeastern tip of Calif. though rare I hear.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                Good lunch time entertainment.
                SOme places had rock face on one side and nothing on other side, maybe a guard rail, maybe not. Most places trees.

I still maybe should watch your vids in a mirror, still jump when on comming vehical in wrong side, especailly on those narrow roads.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hahaha I haven't found a mirror video option in Microsoft Movie Maker yet

They're fun roads up there but yes you need to be careful, especially when riding alone. A wrong move once you start heading up the top can get you down into a big gully, and if it's in the wrong area, noone will even be able to see that you've gone off the road unless they saw it happen.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                    Hahaha I haven't found a mirror video option in Microsoft Movie Maker yet

They're fun roads up there but yes you need to be careful, especially when riding alone. A wrong move once you start heading up the top can get you down into a big gully, and if it's in the wrong area, noone will even be able to see that you've gone off the road unless they saw it happen.
                    NICE road and great scenery! I didn't realize OZ had any roads with curves in them.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Unseasonably warm today (65F),So I just had to fire up the bikes.
                      Put on my Mini-Muvi camera on the lapel and took a 10 mile ride to the store and back.

------VIDEO LINK DELETED--------

Apparently NOT the correct way to comport oneself.
                      I have once again offended the behavior police - ooops.
                      I'm going through all my previous posts and deleting offensive, unlawful or otherwise harmful content.
                      Last edited by Notz; 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                        Unseasonably warm today (65F),So I just had to fire up the bikes.
                        Put on my Mini-Muvi camera on the lapel and took a 10 mile ride to the store and back. Here's a minute of that ride.

http://s1247.beta.photobucket.com/us...588d4.mp4.html
                        Nice that can see speedo. I prefere the vid that can see the tach and speedo.

There for a while the vidio looked like a parking lot shopping cart rodeo.

Michigan has those red things on poles too.
                        Those red octagons with four big letters, S - T - O - P.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                          last sunday. outside of Scottsdale AZ

I like those pics!
                          The color wash & low res makes 'em look like Vintage Postcards!
                          What DR is that ?

Comment

It's 65+ degrees here today. Not sunny but the rain has pushed out of the area for the time being. Ill probably get the Green Goblin out of the garage for a little cruise. Not too far cause I still have t picked up a front tire. It's not round anymore so I won't push my luck lol. Of course tomorrow the high is supposed to be 64, and the low by late evening is supposed to be in the TEENS! A 40+degree change in a matter of a couple hours. That'll be simply wonderful on the old sinus cavity

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Nice that can see speedo. I prefere the vid that can see the tach and speedo.

There for a while the vidio looked like a parking lot shopping cart rodeo.

Michigan has those red things on poles too.
                              Those red octagons with four big letters, S - T - O - P.

Yeah, the lapel clip just doesn't cut it, the other 10 minutes of the vid looked like I was riding during a 7.0 earthquake. One of these days, I'm going to have to break the bank & get a Video cam that costs more than $30.

On this side of town being stationary for more than 1/2 second is dangerous. It provides the opportunity for someone to get a fix on ya. Those 'suggestion' signs that litter the roads are just that. Suggestions. It always strikes me as peculiar that obeying those signs and having fewer citations equate to many as being a "good" driver.

I used to ride with a guy that was a by the book, MFC certified, ATGATT, both feet down at every SS, etc etc, but he had little judgment for approaching vehicle closing speed, flow of traffic, buffer space and path of least resistance. He was always frustrated at how others drove, always counting his near misses and was nearly road pizza more times than I was comfortable witnessing.

He believed that as long as he was obeying the rules of the road he was safe.
                              He & his insurance company thought him to be a safe driver.
                              I'll ask him to post some of his x-rays.

trevor - I thought Gas Gas MC's were made in Spain.....no?

Comment

I did get out and about today, hard not too, over 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. It is January isn't it? Anyway, stopped at the river and was watching the airboats. Sitting high adds to the fun, perhaps someday I ought to try to get me one. Wonder how many miles it gets to a gallon? The way the St. Johns snakes around during the dry season it should be fun at speed. The 1100 ran great, guess all that little tweaking here and there help. The stutter on take off just right out dissapeared, it handled much better since I reduced the front fork air, no gas/petcock problems and it ran as smooth as silk. I kept thinking "is this the same bike?"

I wished I had a video of this guy in this airboat. He came down the river, then came out of the river up upon dry land, did a bunch of doughnuts, then took off another 50 feet to his trailer and literally drove it up on the trailer. I thought it was pretty cool, but I wonder what that does to the thin aluminum hull.

I was thinking about this guy I saw on a really nice Harley double bagger awhile back, don't know why, just popped in my mind. He had this screw sticking out his front tire and I thought that's going to be costly and alot of work for what it was. He didn't notice it and I pointed it out and he got all p*ssed and rode off. Must've been a bad omen for me. After I got back to the house I noticed this nail or staple sticking out of my rear tire. I jiggled it to see how bad it was in there wondering how deep it was. I was able to pull it out with my fingers. I didn't hear any air, I didn't feel any air. It was in there pretty deep, but I think it was somewhat at an angle. 5/8 of an inch long and most of it was in the tire, was I lucky or what? The round piece was at the end.

After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to get some dish soap and put it on the hole and see if it was leaking. So, I did and damn, it was, not alot, but there was an endless procession of little bitty air bubbles coming out, very small ones at a very slow rate. I mean this leak is so minor, but it's still a leak. If you look closely you can see how small the bubbles are, (honeycombed pattern) what you can't see is how slowly they're produced.
                                Here's the hole it made in my tire. OK, this is a fairly good tire, and there is a tube. Should I replace or patch the tube, just keep an eye on it and monitor the pressure, stick some sealer in the tube.
                                sigpic
                                Steve
                                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                                X