No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pete! well, she do go good! I fancy yer bike sounds different too-maybe "throatier" ...? (ps:I 'm impressed you can get a bike-mounted video so smooth. I gave up quick on bike-mounted cameras and went to mounting a camera on me... )

By the way, they're not very generous with road shoulders in Oz, are they? Even in the mountains, road engineers here go to great efforts to provide wide shoulders.

Comment

i miss riding my bikes at this time of year but.....

omfg have i been having fun in the snow

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

sled, ride, jag, 1986 arctic cat jag 340, snowmobile
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I might like being able to ride my motorcycle all year but I sure miss snowmobiling!! Great video!! Brings back good memories.
        Thanks for posting.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          Hi Pete! well, she do go good! I fancy yer bike sounds different too-maybe "throatier" ...? (ps:I 'm impressed you can get a bike-mounted video so smooth. I gave up quick on bike-mounted cameras and went to mounting a camera on me... )

By the way, they're not very generous with road shoulders in Oz, are they? Even in the mountains, road engineers here go to great efforts to provide wide shoulders.
          Yeah I'm extremely happy with the result! She does go good indeed

I've got the water proof cover on the camera on this one and it changes the exhaust note somewhat, so it doesn't quite sound like that. I've gotta figure out a better wind noise filter so you can hear the true exhaust noise.

And no, they're not very generous with shoulders here! Even our highways get a bit lacking in that regard... we definitely don't build roads like you guys do here!

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
          i miss riding my bikes at this time of year but.....

omfg have i been having fun in the snow

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8pa2zpTDVk
          Ok that still looks too darn cold for my liking, but it sure does look like you're having fun!!
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Rode, then pushed

I gave my '83 GS1100ED some love today, put in a new battery, aired up the tires, etc., then went for a ride. I thought she wasn't carbureting anywhere near right, but she's been sitting for weeks, and I thought I might have turned the choke off too soon. After she quit, I looked and behind the petcock was the vacuum line to the petcock - unhooked. So, I turned the petcock to reserve, forgetting that it still needed vacuum and I should have hit 'Prime' and she still was out of gas, so I pushed her 2 blocks home, lifted up the tank again, clipped off the end of the vacuum line so it fit snug, and then went for a ride until hypothermia set in, which wasn't long at 45 degrees in a windbreaker. So now the Suzuki is hooked back on the battery tender, waiting for another day.

Comment

Class 10 card v. Class 4?

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Nice one! I'll say nice bike too

As for me, yeah I got out for a test ride with the final tuning adjustment... needles at full richness (two notches richer than stock) and I'm absolutely stoked!

No hesitation or stumbling and I didn't notice any pops on decel once she was warmed up. Like a new bike!

Here's today's test ride video... and you'll also see my new memory card has solved the jerky footage issue I had previously

http://youtu.be/z0kZX5McUzM

Comment

No pics, but I went for a short buzz today. Did my chores this morning, and got my grand daughter this afternoon. It was almost fifty today, so in between I snuck out for about forty-five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
                  Class 10 card v. Class 4?
                  Believe it or not I went from a Class 10 back to a Class 6.

Camera said 6 or better which is why I bought the 10... wasn't until someone on the GS Twins site mentioned it that I thought maybe it just didn't like the Class 10...
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I got out of work at 5pm so I tired getting in as much ride time as I could before the sun went down... Still have to get to the DMV to get the FZ legal... All back roads running around with the GS750 plate.

Have I mentioned yet that this bike is awesome??? LOL It's not spring yet but It's the start of my ridding season!!! Once she's legal and the touring screen comes in I should start hitting a minimum of 100 miles a week no problem. I've already gone 30 miles and I've had it for 3 days...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Seems like you've been thru some aggravation between trying to sell the es and purchasing the fizzer. Im glad you finally got to go for a ride.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm done with swapping buying and selling for awhile now. I'm just glad to have an awesome pair of wheels that will ride and last for a long while. I'm very glad the whole ordeal is over.
                        I'll add more photos if I get to go out Thursday.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Beautiful Day today! 41' Sap is running ans so is the FZ!

Decided to take a back road trek along Lake Champlain. This is a picture of a random pond on a dirt road. awesome I think.

Same Stop, different angle.

About 20 miles down the road I came to this boat launch on lake Champlain. I believe I was in Georgia/St. Albans at this point. There was a guy ice fishing out on the lake. He probably thought I was crazy. oh well... I kinda am.

The lake is still frozen over but I'm guessing in a few weeks it won't be... Here's to hoping for some more warmer weather .

My new touring wind shield came in today so I threw it on. Makes a big difference and keeps the wind off me.

My ride wasn't too long. 60 miles or so. Got the bike home rinsed her off and put her back in the heated garage. It's been the longest ride I've had since the start of January. This bike lets me do it. The GS not so much. My ridding season starts once the Sap starts running. It is today so luckily I was off so I could kick my ridding season off to a good start!!!

Now I'm warming my self with a nice cup of coffee!.. Then probably going to watch some Next Gen and veg.
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 02-28-2013, 01:59 PM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Kids game night at church tonight. I rode over after work to meet up with the wife and kiddies. On the + /- 10 mile ride there, i had to slow down for deer running across the road 4 times. No panic situations thankfully. As the crocuses emerge from the ground, and a new riding season is upon us, lets remember to keep our guards up and ride safely. Apologies if the flower reference seems unmanly ok, not really that sorry. i look with happiness at any signs of spring.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went for a ride the other day. I currently am repainting the bike, but couldn't let that stop me on a nice day! I had to fill up every 3 miles, but it was worth it! I did get some awfully weird looks though!
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I rode to work today...it was sunny in the am but when I left the gym at 11am the clouds rolled in. Here's what it looked like at 5pm; the sun was trying to come out.

And a close-up.

And a pic of the giant flag put up for a DV visit last week. It was either Tom Carper or Michael Castle of DE. I work Swing-Shift so I missed out.

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X