No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to run an errand and a little 2 stroke entered the highway just ahead of me. We were going to the same shopping center and I parked with him amongst some other old bikes. Apparently it is a weekly get together of old farts who have vintage bikes!

His bike is a 1964 Suzuki T10, a 250cc. It was a barn find in Ontario and his grandfather restored it!

IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Hey Glenn, nice bike. Where and when do they meet? I am interest in going sometime too.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
        Apparently it is a weekly get together of old farts who have vintage bikes!
        So.. you joined right in ... ?

THanks for posting pictures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

They meet every Saturday at 11:30 at a chinese restaurant in the Royal Oak shopping center. There were about 16 guys there yesterday, and not much dark hair to be seen! One of the guys has a Vincent Black Shadow that he bought for $100,000 and then spent another $10,000 on it to bring it up to his standards! I went in and met a few of them, they're a friendly group for sure!

IBA# 12860
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Here's my morning run down hwy 113. It was very cold so I cut it short today--I need to do an oil change anyway.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Nice. I watched the weather all week hoping to ride to a class for work yesterday... I woke at 6 am and it was 27 degrees out
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Same here.
                Expecting 2-8 inches of snow over the next couple days. My family blames me for the cold Spring because I got the bike.

Comment

Was out running some errands when I decided to stop by at Government House. This is where the Queen stays on her visits to Victoria, Prince Charles and whichever wife he has at the time stays here as well as any of the Royals. The grounds are amazing gardens that are maintained by volunteers, however the deer are eating their hard work and the volunteers are getting tired of it!

IBA# 12860
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Still a little cold here......but I decided to pull the Suzuki out of the garage and fire it up.

Even though I expected it, it was really nice that it fired up in a matter of seconds, after sitting for several months.

I'm hoping to put a good couple hundred miles on the S this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                      Still a little cold here......but I decided to pull the Suzuki out of the garage and fire it up.

Even though I expected it, it was really nice that it fired up in a matter of seconds, after sitting for several months.

I'm hoping to put a good couple hundred miles on the S this season!
                      Agrees Vmass....My 1100e fired nicely in the garage after sitting many months....my driveway is a giant hill and is still covered in slushy snow.....I could get out for a ride but I would never get back up the hill.
                      Looking forward to many enjoyable miles this year. Just put insurance on her this morning. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        Agrees Vmass....My 1100e fired nicely in the garage after sitting many months....my driveway is a giant hill and is still covered in slushy snow.....I could get out for a ride but I would never get back up the hill.
                        Looking forward to many enjoyable miles this year. Just put insurance on her this morning. Good times.
                        We are pretty clear of snow, just the piles where my plow pushed the snow remain.

Heard some chatter about a 50 degree day coming up. Not ideal, but better than what we've had.

The weather guru's are predicting a cold wet spring, not welcome after such a snowy winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                          We are pretty clear of snow, just the piles where my plow pushed the snow remain.

Heard some chatter about a 50 degree day coming up. Not ideal, but better than what we've had.

The weather guru's are predicting a cold wet spring, not welcome after such a snowy winter.
                          Man, I feel sorry for you guys living in the USA...you sure get a lot of snow! You should move to Canada where you can ride all year long. It was in the 60s today!
                          No signature

Comment

Got the girl back together the other day and rode her for about 40 miles today. Felt awesome, really notice all the upgrades. Life is beautiful.

Comment

...30 mile sunny ride down to -guess where?-the motorcycle stores! Looked at shiny new bikes,none of which I liked better than my GSX400 -excepting maybe the restored Norton I saw for sale....

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Man, I feel sorry for you guys living in the USA...you sure get a lot of snow! You should move to Canada where you can ride all year long. It was in the 60s today!
                                Damn you Canada! (Shaking fist)
                                All your stupid snow is blowing over lake Erie and landing on my street! Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X