anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    Nice to see you posting some pictures of that new bike. If you get anywhere near Mt Shasta on the way home, I'd like to see the bike in person.

cg
    Sorry Charlie, already home mate. If Bruce's is on and we get to go this year Connor and I might just bring these though....

How about that?
    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
    '82 GS1000SZ
    '82 GS1100GL
    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

It was finally warm enough to melt the ice in my driveway. I had the bike ready to ride Saturday, but today was the first chance I had to take it out, so I went on a short 31 mile jaunt since I had to go to the hardware store in town, first ride since November.

Here's a picture from this year, and the pictures following it are the same spot, March of 2011 and 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post
        Sorry Charlie, already home mate. If Bruce's is on and we get to go this year Connor and I might just bring these though....

How about that?
        That's a nice pair. Vince has a rally the week after the 4th and Bruce said he might get somthing going this year. Next time.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post

How about that?

That's awesome you guys have matching bikes, well sort of matching. You guys looked great at the last rally, this is even better!
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Twenty miles out and twenty miles back to get a prescription . 35°, nice to have the proper gear both for safety and cold weather comfort.

Comment

Route 9 & AMC Museum

Went for a quick jaunt before work today; temp was about 50F:

Rt9 that led me to

The AMC Museum

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Currently 54° in NE Ohio.....just out riding in Amish country hitting a few stores and whatnot.

Comment

Finally warm enough that I could not stand not to ride. Farmers haven't hit the fields just yet, but it won't be long.

Meanwhile, here's a brown field. Hey, if I've got to look at it, might as well share with you.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                    Currently 54° in NE Ohio.....just out riding in Amish country hitting a few stores and whatnot.
                    Oooh, might want to get that rear tire replaced Loud...
                    No signature

Comment

Haha...+1! on the tire.
                      I am certainly aware...but thank you.
                      I have brand new meats on the 1100 and a new set sittin here for the 650.
                      Im afraid I will be selling the 550 before it gets new tires.
                      (I dont even have a wife and realize I cant ride 3 bikes enough to justify having 3)
                      (Unless a barn find Katana came across my path) haha

Comment

Got out with the Kat guys yesterday for the first time in a few weeks.

It was cloudy and some roads were still damp but most were dry enough for a real good ride.

Went some local back roads and ended up at Woodford for breakfast then went out past Somerset dam and did my favourite set of curves which I haven't done for months. The road's a bit bumpier than I remember after the severe weather they've had out there, but they're still my favourites.

Then we went up over Mt Glorious and back home... as per usual the road up the back of Mt Glorious was wet and covered with leaves so I had no confidence again but that was the only dodgy bit for me on the day.

Fortunately the predicted showers held off until I was turning into my street on the way home.

I have pic's but Photobucket is broken for me at the moment so I will post them when I can...

Edit:Pic's!

At Woodford... John on his non-popup popup Kat, Jesse on his 'Busa, Sarah's Street Triple, and my little 450:

At Somerset Dam:

Last edited by pete; 04-06-2013, 05:39 PM. Reason: Photobucket seems to work again...
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got out today after cleaning up the bikes..lent my gsxr to a buddy to come for a ride with me.
                          No signature

Comment

You wasted no time getting that gs on the road..Very nice bike.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Today, I did a 148 mile break-in of the new Contis on the RT....ready for the trip next week right after the AMF.

Comment

Working...
                              X