Last Ride of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Ride of the Year

Never being one to pass up an opportunity for a ride my son and I welcomed the New Year with one last ride in 2011. On the day after Christmas the Indiana weather continued to be mild. It was a balmy 43 degrees/37 with wind chill. The weather channel said it was the last nice day before snow moved in. I joked with my son, "it's no different than snowmobiling!" We took a nice country ride. It snowed the next day and we felt good about cheating old man winter one last time. Any of you that have end of the year Ride pics please feel free to include them.

Peace to all GS Riders in 2012. -viperG

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Good for you guys....Georgeos bikes btw!
    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
    '84 Honda VFR 500
    '86 GSXR 750
    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Great looking bikes guys, thanks for the pics! Good for riding with your son too. My boy is only 9 but I can't wait to ride with him someday too! What a great way to have a connection with your son.
      No signature

Comment

I'm not too far away from you and had a Christmas day ride myself. With the balmy weather we've been having lately I'm still not ready for the stabilizer or battery tender just yet. As a matter of fact, I just had my first ride of the new year yesterday. Took a nice 70 mile RT ride toward the east. (Cincinnati to Batavia) Then rode back after doing a bit of computer support work at a clients house. Didn't see any others out. But with the next weeks forecast being in the mid to high 40s I expect to get out a few more times and hopefully see a few others enjoying the briskness as well. Good on ya & nice pics too!

Comment

Gorgeous bikes!

Still ridding, got a dusting last night but plan on taking the bike to the gym!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jan 6th here, was 65 degrees in South Dakota... Im hoping to get one more ride in before the snow shows up. Was 50 today, and tomorrow is looking to be the same. Damn I miss Arizona, never had a last ride of the year, rather then the literal years end.

Comment

Working...
            X