cam difference????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam difference????

Ok so I have a 1982 suzuki katan a1000cc and a 1983 katana 1100cc. I overhauled the two engines at the same time but I just found out that the 1000cc and 1100cc katana has differen suzuki part numbers on the cam shafts. And I did not mark them so I don't know which cam came from what bike. Does anyone know what the difference is bettween the cams on those bikes? I thought they would be the same exact cams but I guess not according to suzuki part numbers. Please help me find the difference.

The 1000 intake cam has more lift. Ray.

Comment

Oh great, so now how can I find out if I got the right one in the 1100 or 1000. Is there a good way to check that, I had the two cams sitting there and I figured they were the same but now I don't know which is which. Will the motors run right with the different cams? Ahh this sucks. Is there any other difference between the 1000cc and the 1100c katana motors other than the base block and cylinders that I should know about. Thanks for the help on this Ray.

Comment

Left side cover is different on a 1000 Katana then a GS1100 because of the smaller lighter flywheel/rotor. Just measure the cam itself, if its already together I wouldnt worry about it, theres no huge HP difference. I couldnt say if yould run into a wear problem with the wrong cam in there thats been running with the other lifters

Comment

Call me at 714--356-7845 as it will be easier for me to help you over the phone. Ray.

Comment

Posplayr had posted this useful info. in another thread.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
            X