"NEW" 1978 GS750 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"NEW" 1978 GS750 owner

So I finally picked up my very own GS. Unfortunately the person before me took out the airbox and put pods on it. Also unfortunately they did not rejet the carbs accordingly. Anyone got the specs for jets with pods? I did a pod conversion on my 1980 cb650 so I'm no stranger, just having difficulty finding the info online. Thanks!

Welcome to the nuthouse Zak. You should get a good response to your question which will cover a decent range of fixes. Are you running a 4-1 pipe?

I have the same problem (with V&H 4-1) and have started with 117.5 main jet, 17.5 fuel jet and I dropped the e-clip to position 4. The bike is tucked up for the winter here as I don't want to fire it up and then go through all the carb tuning until the spring.

Maybe you can help me out with your results!!
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I forgot to ask, where are you and how about a couple of photos of the bike?
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I'm from Philly. Yea 4-1. I wasn't aware I would have to adjust the clip... Never did that before for a pod conversion. I found plenty of resource for jet specs on my podded Honda, how come I can't find any online for the GS?? Its a pretty common mod!

I'll be getting out to the garage this weekend to pull the carbs and check for cleanliness. Although, if the previous owner stuck pods on them, I'm SURE he would've cleaned them out and kitted them. Of course he would have......

Comment

I have the pods and a V&H 4-1 on my bike...I want to say im somewhere around a 127.5 for the mains and a 17.5 for the pilots (I could be off, its been awhile since the carbs were off.) I cant remember what I did with the needles though. What kind of pod filters are they? If its the Emgo garbage id say save your pennies and get some K&N's.

Comment

As far as I'm aware there are no jet kits available for the 77-79 GS750 - I guess there's just not enough of us around.
            -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Look at post #32 in this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=73723

Those are the stock specs according to the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                Look at post #32 in this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=73723

Those are the stock specs according to the poster.
                Some (mine among them) had 102.5 main jet.

@Zak, you'd better take a look see what you've got in there!
                -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

This may help in terms of getting jets, interested to see what you end up with for sure.

Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Careful, these are the ones you want.

-Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                      Careful, these are the ones you want.

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_str..._1977-1983.htm
                      Thanks, I couldn't find the link to get to the main page for a search.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdnpt1 View Post
                        Thanks, I couldn't find the link to get to the main page for a search.
                        You're very welcome.
                        -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                        X