New Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint Job

So guys after getting some financial aid moneys in I decided my bike needed a new paint job. After getting some estimates I then decided I needed to give my bike a new paint job. Im gonna post some pictures of where its at now but im pretty proud of the results so far. I was impressed that I was able to take my bike apart tho so.

Gas tank

All pieces before

Comment

Gas tank before

Before photo of tank. Its got a ding in as you can see

Comment

Gas tank sanded down

All the way down to the metal baby

Comment

Isnt money for financial aid supposed to be for schooling???
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Beer money nowadays.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

He is using it for schooling, fixing the bike so he can get there....

Comment

Can I claim him as a dependant on my taxes???
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Give him a break. Maybe he couldn't afford to eat before he got the aid money and was too weak to paint his bike.
                  1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                  1983 GS 1100 G
                  2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                  2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                  1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Most financial aid loans are a lump sum every semester or quarter. Tuition and books are paid first, and the remainder is cut as a cheque and sent to the student as "cost of living" aid. Some people simply save it and use it toward paying back the loan, but some people actually need it, as depending on your course load, you may not be able to work enough to support yourself and still get decent grades....

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                      Give him a break. Maybe he couldn't afford to eat before he got the aid money and was too weak to paint his bike.
                      Ahahahaha that's good!

Comment

Working...
                      X