No announcement yet.

78 1000 paint schemes(poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand the desire for a stock scheme... If yellow is out than I vote Red w/ white stripe

Comment

Tim Tom I might have been more interested in that scheme if I'd done something else the last time.Sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        yellow and black sounds interesting...call the bike "The Stinger".
        Actually, I think less yellow, more black would have a nice stinger look, black frame and tank/covers/tail with yellow accent stripes, add some yellow striping on black wheels as well, black fender/yellow stripping, solid black headlight, eliminate most all chrome, black should be high gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
          Yes, that would be nice. I need to see if their chain guard, battery and warning info decals would be the same as what is on my 1000. I might have to email them pictures of what I need and see if they are the same as what they have.
          I haven't used him yet, but looks like he's doing good work.

McLoud
          '79 GS850
          `98 GSF1200 Bandit
          sigpic
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            Actually, I think less yellow, more black would have a nice stinger look, black frame and tank/covers/tail with yellow accent stripes, add some yellow striping on black wheels as well, black fender/yellow stripping, solid black headlight, eliminate most all chrome, black should be high gloss.
            +1 on the yellow accent.
            The goldish yellow of the Stinger was cool.

McLoud
            '79 GS850
            `98 GSF1200 Bandit
            sigpic
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
              +1 on the yellow accent.
              The goldish yellow of the Stinger was cool.

The more I see these bikes, the more I want to get an old 550 and turn it into a on-off road/scrambler...

This isn't the example of bike I wanted to use(still a Zuk) but you get the idea, without all the chrome the black and yellow just POPS!!! After all, yellow does say Suzuki !!

Comment

Mine is purple and white right now, but it will be back to stock color.Maroon, orange and gold striping.
                When i bought the bike i tought it was brown and orange, the paint was sunfaded.
                Marc
                AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                1978 GS1000C X2
                1978 GS1000E X2
                1979 GS1000S
                1979 gs1000
                1983 gs400e

Comment

Originally posted by kochic View Post
                  Mine is purple and white right now, but it will be back to stock color.Maroon, orange and gold striping.
                  When i bought the bike i tought it was brown and orange, the paint was sunfaded.
                  Marc
                  That is one of the nicest 1000's setup I've seen, what front end and swinger did you use, they look like they belong there from the factory! Old Skool and new, without going extreme into the crotchety look.

Comment

Thank you,
                    gs1100e swingarm, 1994 gsxr1100 fork, 1991 gsxr1100 wheel with 1988 gsxr750 rotors.
                    Almost bolt-on, only need to weld new steering fork stops and put an offset front sprocket.The rest is OEM gs-gsxr mix and match
                    I have a 1990 gsxr1100 conventional fork that i will try this summer, i plan to replace the round gs1000 side covers with triangular gs750 ones.
                    Marc
                    AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                    1978 GS1000C X2
                    1978 GS1000E X2
                    1979 GS1000S
                    1979 gs1000
                    1983 gs400e

Comment

I'd leave the suspension the way it is, but definitely, side covers with triangular gs750

Comment

house of kolor black cherry with suzuki stickers?
                        pearl black, or blue
                        color will make or break a bike no matter how well or crappy the rest looks

Comment

Hmmmmm............poll has come in pretty close to how I feel.Euro Skunk and US Skunk 1 point apart with Euro in the lead(9 and 8).Euro blue third(6) and the US C colours tied with 4 each.I hate none of them and they would all look good.One yellow bike is enough thanks.
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                            house of kolor black cherry with suzuki stickers?
                            pearl black, or blue
                            color will make or break a bike no matter how well or crappy the rest looks
                            You're right, it's said that paint is the first thing people see.
                            sigpic

82 GS850
                            78 GS1000
                            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                            .................________-|___\____
                            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

I'm leaning real hard to the Euro skunk scheme.Thinking I need my favorite colour back in the "stable".As always I reserve the right to change my mind

Comment

Poll is closed and the winner is the Euro skunk at least in my books.That is what my 78 1000 will be getting when the time comes.Thank you to all those who looked and voted.

Comment

Working...
                                X