15 Best Motorcycle Roads in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 Best Motorcycle Roads in America

Just received this link in my email from Basem Wasef newsletter. Good to see that atleast some of them are in riding distance of me! Thought I'd share!

No Washoe Valley / Tahoe !!???

Comment

Looks like I have a few more to go... 4 out of 15 aint too bad
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I got three on there. But I'm really disappointed OH555 didn't make it. I've not ridden the dragon. Not sure I want to with all the cops and traffic I hear about anymore. But if 318 curves in 11 miles is fun, try a bazillion curves in 66 miles...way more fun and I'd bet better scenary too..

Comment

I'll be riding #3 and #2 after I get my bike back together.

Comment

I'm a bit dissappointed that ACH is only #10....
            Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
            Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
            '84 Honda VFR 500
            '86 GSXR 750
            http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Glad to see that only one road in OR made the list, keeps them "dragon free"

So many roads, so little time
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

The wife and I drove the truck over Beartooth (#1). Had to pull over a few times to take in the grandeur. Absolutly breathtaking. I did mention, to myself, how awesome it would be on a Bike.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

They totally forgot a bunch of the wicked awesome roads in Illinois...
                  ...oh, wait...

That said, I was made aware of this website a while back:
                  Motorcycle Roads
                  Depending on where you are, it can be a good guide to find decent roads, and touristy stuff as well.

In Illinois, it lets me find all of the roads I can ride for hours to get to so I can have eight minutes of fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                    Glad to see that only one road in OR made the list, keeps them "dragon free"

So many roads, so little time
                    That's 'cause all the roads in Oregon suck. I actually got 9 out 15 (all the ones in the West) but then I'm an old fart and have had lots of time to do that.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Yeah, I've got to do the Enterprise - Clarkson - Lolo - Going to the Sun- Beartooth loop soon

I've done Lolo, GTTS and Beartooth as a kid in the backseat of a Ford wagon, doesn't count, tho
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        I've done Lolo, GTTS and Beartooth as a kid in the backseat of a Ford wagon, doesn't count, tho
                        Without the seat belt right?
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Without the seat belt right?
                          Of course - with 5 kids and a 61 Fairlane wagon (later replaced by a 64 Mercury Comet wagon) my family travelled from Detroit Lakes, MN to Montana often, went to the Worlds Fair in Seattle (didn't see Elvis or Kurt) and down to the redwoods one year. Somebody had to ride in the way back
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            I got three on there. But I'm really disappointed OH555 didn't make it. I've not ridden the dragon. Not sure I want to with all the cops and traffic I hear about anymore. But if 318 curves in 11 miles is fun, try a bazillion curves in 66 miles...way more fun and I'd bet better scenary too..
                            Once Deal's Gap was marketed as "The Tail of the Dragon", it was doomed to become the Niagara Falls of motorcycling. Spoiled, in other words. I've only been there once, but it was enough. Plenty of other great roads down there, and you don't have to deal with the tourists.

I dunno how that other OH road got on there, with 555 being ignored. Maybe the AMA riders are afraid of the Triple Nickel? Fine with me. Keep it clear.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Personally, I would say that US 1 in CA is way over rated. I still do it, but Big T knows better roads. I thought Lolo Pass was way over rated, too. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though, because we rode it the day after my younger broke a front wheel on my GS850 on a rock on Oregon 3. we rented a truck to haul it to Montana where I found a wheel, and we got separated on 12. Then my brother in law hit a deer on Lolo pass on my other GS 850. Its possible I wasn't in the correct state of mind.
                              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                              X