Anyone go for a ride today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone go for a ride today?

Unfortunately, the first two video's were corrupted or something as the camera did not save them!
    The first one was from the base of the mountain (4,000') to the 8,900 foot summit and back down to the overlook of the entire valley below!
    16 miles of FUN!!!
    I even got past the last car before starting the climb and had the entire road to myself!

I even got some of the snow spray off of my mirrors in one of those vids too!
    (On some of the turns, with the snow piled up higher than the mirrors, I accidentally hit [ya right] the snow with the mirrors on the turns.)

Anyhow, here are the boring short ones...
    (No idea what that rattling sound is in the vid's. It was nothing that should have been recorded. )

After having so much fun on the cold side of the valley, I just HAD to try the warm side!
    (As you can see, the camera gets blinded shortly after me! Radar trap just behind me.)

Took some pic's of the nicer bikes that were at the bar just past where the LEO had set up radar.

Do you think that these guys/girls were insulted that I didn't take pictures of
    their bikes that all look alike to me? (Hardly Ableson's)
    If you try hard, you can see the Suzie on the far right of the second pic.

With the road salt spray all over the bike, the camera lens and my face shield, it was time to stop trying at a bad time of the day.

Get off of the computer and get out and ride these bikes!

Daniel

It's going to be over 30 deg today, the snow melted off my driveway yesterday, real good chance that I'll go for a ride today, but the best roads with the most twisty bits I'll have to not ride on due to icy corners under the trees.

Comment

I went for a snow mobile ride today. First decent ride this year. Can't wait to go again tomorrow. No pics. Last weekend, I had to remove, clean lube, and reassemble the rear suspension on the machine I rode. Seemed to have a wierd vibration at first in the track, but it went away. Only about 30 miles, and the local trails are not in super condition, but it was still great.

That Bottle cap Indian affects my Conchophobia (fear of fringe).
      Last edited by 850 Combat; 03-05-2012, 10:07 PM.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Ended up with no ride yesterday. Right after I posted it started snowing and deposited a half inch of the white stuff.

Comment

I ride every day of the year that it's over 32 degrees and not raining unless I need my truck to carry something big. Boring rides, but I ride. GS one day, Bandit the next.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I actually got a ride in yesterday. Went shopping last night and logged 40 miles. Yeah! I'll probably ride today too if it doesn't snow......

Comment

Today, not so good.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday look promising!

Today: Sunny, with a high near 41. North wind around 10 mph becoming east.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 21. East wind around 5 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 52. South wind around 5 mph.

Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 27. Southeast wind around 5 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 62. Southwest wind around 5 mph.

Daniel

Comment

I rode about 55 miles through the woods on a snow mobile yesterday. It was a blast.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I ride everyday. The only thing that stops me is ice.
                  Daily I see 50+ miles. On days I go to school and work, it's 90 if the ferry is open and 102 if the ferry is closed.
                  As the bike was winterized, the cold and rain wasn't too bad. On days when the rain was really coming down, I'd get a bit wet on my helmet, and soaked below the knees. Nothing a pair of rain pants couldn't cure!! Now that the Vetter is off, my fingers really seem to notice anything below 35 degrees. brrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                  X