No announcement yet.

stock 1/4 mile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why we advised you, to take it to the track.

Because we've all been caught when we were teenagers.
    **** happens, just live and learn!

Never accept a race from someone who isn't even capable of taking it to a track.
    (because he knew that he would spin or stall the motor under pressure, ha)

Comment

I wasn't racing anyone. I was on a bridge, and I didn't notice the cop take the on ramp behind me. I was having a **** day and wanted a speed giggle. I wasn't laughing in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs1100 View Post
        A 13 second LT1... Not likely, unless you are one that runs a 13.99 and calls is a 13 second car. That 95 LT1 Camaro (stock) would need to be set perfectly to even break into 13's. I had a 96 Corvette, LT1 and my best run was only like 13.4's And it had the performance rear end ratio option, that what 3:42's rather then the stock 2:73's or what ever they were running, its been a while. But even most stock LT1 Vettes were high 13 to low 14 second cars. At least at my altitude.

On another note, a 2000 WS6 with 6-speed and LS1 will only run 13:30's and if you ever rode one on the street it will damn near spank any stock car it would come across. I could beat LT1 Camaros and Birds driving and shifting with one hand while holding a blizzard from DQ
        Um, you do know that "ws6" is the handling package, right? It really doesn't make it faster in a straight line.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Ya know I just watched Mecums auction this weekend, and all of the top ten cars in the long list earlier in this thread were there. L88 vettes (two of em, including a "1 of 2" red on red which still had not hit reserve at half a million dollars) ZL1 camaros, Hemi Cudas and Chargers etc etc. almost every Vette sold for at least 100 grand or more.
          I never should have sold that 78 T/A That car was a paint job and some interior work away from being a $50,000 car in today's market apparently....

Live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Ya know I just watched Mecums auction this weekend, and all of the top ten cars in the long list earlier in this thread were there. L88 vettes (two of em, including a "1 of 2" red on red which still had not hit reserve at half a million dollars) ZL1 camaros, Hemi Cudas and Chargers etc etc. almost every Vette sold for at least 100 grand or more.
            I never should have sold that 78 T/A That car was a paint job and some interior work away from being a $50,000 car in today's market apparently....

Live and learn.
            Don't feel to bad, back in '76 I bought my mom's 69' Z28 Camaro from her. I had it for about 4-5 months , of coarse I was to young to have a license [I was 14 at the time], and I decided to sell it so I could by a lawn tractor and start a lawn mowing business, which I did do pretty good at , but the car was and still is worth way more thanthe buisness. I sold the car with 70K on it for $400. dollars. talk about living and learning
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              Some of the really quick ones could. Six Pack Super Bees would run in the 12s... And that's not even considering all the 'dealer' cars like Royal Bobcats, Yenkos, etc, or factory cars like the Max Wedges or Swiss Cheese Catalinas.
              I'm very impressed! You are very knowledgeable about your muscle cars. Totally cool! A lot of people now a days have no idea what the "swiss cheese Catalina" was.

Comment

Working...
              X