What exhaust system is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exhaust system is this?

I have an 83 GS1100GL and I want the dual pipes shown here instead of a 4 into 1 system. The original uploader seems to be uninterested in answering questions about the bike. Can anyone here tell me more? They look like a factory horn style exhaust, except to me they look longer and straighter (and shinier...).

Anyone?

Comment

They look like a MAC 4-2 to me but I could be wrong.

Comment

That bobber has a 4 valve engine, where G/L models usually have the 2 valve version. I'm not sure how interchangeable exhaust pipes are between the two different engines.

MAC makes 4 into 1 as well as 4 into 2 systems. You'd have to check at MAC what they might have for your bike. I know Suzuki put the 4 valve into an L model at least one year, but I can't remember which year that was. The MAC systems tend to go around $350 or so.

Have you searched for replacement pipes for your bike and year on flea bay? I believe many of the 2 valve pipes are interchangeable between the 1000/1100 models - at least at the exhaust ports. Rear mounts, that's another issue.

Good luck.
        Scott
        1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
        1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
        1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
        2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
        sigpic

Comment

no clue but those look sweet i like the design, no crossovers and gasket to fart with

Comment

Working...
          X