Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Windjammer fit into a 2010 Civic 4dr ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a Windjammer fit into a 2010 Civic 4dr ?

The fairing I want to buy is 2 hrs each way.
    I don't want to get there and... "oops".... $40 in fuel alone...
    Has anyone fit a Windjammer SS into 2010 Civic 4DR trunk or back seat ?
    without bracket, with windscreen.
    does the windscreen come off easy?
    It's been 20 years since my Dad sold his, and I have no reference to go by. But I know I want one.

Thanks !
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

The shield easily comes off, unless the screws are rusted (bring somes tools to deal with that) with that off it should fit easily into your car.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

should fit , not much bigger than an oversized passanger
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Be careful with the windscreen screws. They can't rust, they're nylon, unless someone replaced them with a rustable variety. It does come off easily, you'll need a bracket too. What bike do you have?

Comment

1979 GS1000L.
          The seller has a bracket for a GL1000 with the fairing. I still need a bracket for my L.

1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
          1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

When you get the bracket, hold it up to your bike and see if you can modify it to work.

***edit***
            May or may not fit... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Suzuki-...item3f15d7bf9c
            Last edited by rustybronco; 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

PM me. I might get back to you today, might be tomorrow, as today is a family day around here. I've got an extra bracket off my 850L, it's slightly tweaked, but it's the right bracket for your bike too.
              I wasn't supposed to be on the computer today, so I won't be here long.

Comment

got the fairing, he had already taken the windshield off, so it did ( just barely) fit in the trunk of my civic !
                Can anyone confirm that I should be hunting for Type 3 lowers to match ?
                <---- the picture from his C-list ad

Comment

Working...
                X