Rochester to Oakland on my 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
    Still jellin' based on when parts arrive and how easily they go on, as well as the NATO summit which is going to heavily restrict traffic through Chicago next weekend.
    That works for me, as we will be up in Wisconsin that weekend...
    (Joe Nardy, GBW, 80gs1000e, Wells, my wife and one or two others)
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      If I can make it to Chicago next weekend, it looks like I'll be spending some time there. My oldest friend lives there as well as the founder of my new company, so I'll have lots to do. Need to do some interviews with Startup companies as well, so if you know of any ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        (Joe Nardy, GBW, 80gs1000e (Allegedly), Wells, my wife and one or two others)

There, fixed it for ya................
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          (Joe Nardy, GBW, 80gs1000e (Allegedly), Wells, my wife and one or two others)

There, fixed it for ya................
          Well, there is that....but we do need him...

For the Twister tournament...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Made it to Chicago with no incidents other than a tractor trailer throwing a tire in front of me in Indiana. Changing a tire at Joe Nardy's place if it shows up tomorrow.

Doing some work while I'm here, and this is my first time in Chicago during good weather. I like this city more and more every time I visit.

Comment

I was just wondering yesterday what you were up.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thinking of riding across the badlands from here.

Comment

Check in with RenoBruce for a pitstop before crossing the Sierra's.

Depending on the timing, I could ride out to meet you for the last leg home.

Comment

Thinking of riding across the badlands from here.
                    Your own mini SturGiS

Im sure the Chi-guys told you leaving Chicago to the west on 90/290/94 SUX !! Id go west to the Mississippi River on 80/88 and then plan a route to SD.
                    Last edited by bonanzadave; 05-20-2012, 07:32 PM.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Honestly, I'm totally open to suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Your own mini SturGiS

Im sure the Chi-guys told you leaving Chicago to the east on 90/290/94 SUX !! Id go east to the Mississippi River on 80/88 and then plan a route to SD.
                        West on 80/88? Only 80 I see leaving Chi to the east is linked with 90, from whence I came.

Comment

West on 80/88? Only 80 I see leaving Chi to the east is linked with 90, from whence I came.
                          Sorry . Still hung over. Make that west on 80/88 to the mississippi.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            Sorry . Still hung over. Make that west on 80/88 to the mississippi.
                            Just doing the ol' double-check!

Comment

When you're further west: The North Cascade Highway (WA-20) opened on May 5th. Probably further north than you want to go but it will lead you through the mountains all the way to the 101 which runs right down the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                                When you're further west: The North Cascade Highway (WA-20) opened on May 5th. Probably further north than you want to go but it will lead you through the mountains all the way to the 101 which runs right down the coast.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/northcascades
                                I can recommend Hwy-20 as well. Road most of it last fall with some fellow GS'ers. Your welcome to stop for the night if your on I-5 in the very north of California ( State of Jefferson).

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X