Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, from what I saw…

Hey Johnny,
    I can't find any video in your album titled “turn it up”.
    I did see 2 videos from the races, thanks!

PS. you need some camera tips. (Please don't call me an ass).

Put the lens on wide, when the bikes come down the track, choose one and follow it all the way through the corner. Ignore the others.
    Then you'll have a great sequence of one bike.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Hi Bill, any tips on my camerawork are welcome!,sadly I think it's as wide as it will go.If you go to page 2 on the photobucket it's the 3rd clip you will find it(at least that is where it is when I looked) glad you enjoyed them.Johnny

Comment

I had no problem looking at them. I don't think I tried any video at the UGP, stills were hard enough. Who was the Mcado team #3 rider and the girl wrenching on #97 Logan team?

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Haha,we had enough trouble getting the race numbers didn't we?,the Macadoo no.3 is Michael Dunlop,he has set up a team and Winston is supporting him along with 2 or 3 others,don't know who the girl was,I just thought I would add a little glamour cos I remembered your "what no pit girls" comment at the Ulster hehehe.Seriously though, she was trying to scrub grass off the tyres as there had been rain the night before and as the paddock was in a field(that still had patches of ice on it) by the time the bikes were taken to scrutineering they were covered in mud and grass,so it's usually the wives/girlfriends of the riders who clean them,thats only because the riders are trying to find the zip to remove whatever part of their brain that says"if this goes wrong...."

Comment

“the smell of rubber on country tar”

“The paddock still had patches of ice”

So, nobody wanted to wait another day. I dig that man!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

I saw the Mcado team and the fellow with the Michael Dunlop shirt and wondered what is going on here. Team changes make it even harder to follow who is who. Thanks Johnny.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

okay-enough!

All right Charlie fess up-just how the hell did you take that photo and make it the full size on your post,I've been trying to do that since I joined here.Tell me PLEASE(and try to remember I can only type using 1 finger-ok?).Yeah the teams are kind of hard to keep track of,maybe I should post up who is where at the beginning of the year and what the old colour schemes were and what the new colours are for the new season.Would that help????.The NW 200 is going to be live online on Saturday the 19th of this month at 9am GMT so that means 1am for you Charlie,4am for you Bill, go to www.bbc.co.uk/sportni to HOPEFULLY see the races as long as the rain and hurricane force winds stay in the Atlantic instead of the north coast of Northern Ireland and the a**holes who phoned in a bomb alert are wearing the comfortable concrete shoes after last year,it should be a good day!

Comment

I like this one!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my luck number.

I viewed all your recent photos and brought my cursor over a picture I wanted to paste on a post. A "share box" appears with 4 types of ways to share. The bottom one is IMG CODE and I right click copy (or left works for me) and then I just paste it to a post on the site. One finger at a time work for this.

Is there a site which can bring us up to speed on the riders numbers and current team/sponsors?

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Thanks for the theory,sadly after 3 HOURS trying I still can't make it work,now the bloody IMG thingy is permantly below each photo and I can't get it off, photobucket help-doesn't,share only wants to go to f**king twitter.I've had enough-am going to bed

Comment

Anybody can post their pics…

Hey Johnny!
                      Did you take this pic?
                      Fabulous!

Comment

Yeah Bill,that was taken in '96/'97 at the Carrowdore,which was the race circuit I lived beside.In fact do you see the guy in the white shirt sitting on the gate post(which is made of stone) on the right,level with the no.10(red helmet,yellow upper fairing/red lower)? that is the spot where I saw my first racing motorbike aged 3 years and 5 months.I've just realised how bad and grainy those photos are-they are hard copies I scanned into the computer.I have some that I took from that same gate 26 years later-I'll try to get them put up.Keep it up guys,in fact from now on if I want a photo put on here I'll just PM either of you and you can do it HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Comment

more Carrowdore pics

okay, here is a shot taken from that gatepost I told you about Bill,the 13 bike is ridden by Adrain Archabald at the start of his career.hope this is big enough hahahaha.Johnny

Comment

the late great Richard Brittan

and here is a sparring partner of Adrain's, Richard Brittan a spectacular racer,who no matter what had a smile and time for anyone who wanted to chat,R.I.P mate

Comment

the masters

carrying on from the other Carrowdore photos, here are the "old masters of racing"-no.4 Robert Dunlop and no.3 naturally his brother Joey

and the "new masters",here is Michael Dunlop putting the clutch into older brother William's 250,for anyone who doesn't know William and Micheal are Robert's sons

Comment

Photoshop touch up

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
                                okay, here is a shot taken from that gatepost I told you about Bill,the 13 bike is ridden by Adrain Archabald at the start of his career.hope this is big enough hahahaha.Johnny
                                Just a touch up, so we can see better, NICE!

Comment

Working...
                                X