Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More footage of road race circuits

Hi Guys. Had the chance to go around the North West 200 circuit today with the video camera,as usual go to photobucket and look up Johnny237's albums,it is listed as "a lap of the North West 200 course"-but obeying the speed limits, 30MPH(60KMH) and 60MPH(100KMH?), the lap took 14+ minutes for the 8.9 miles,under race conditions the riders do it in 4 1/2 minutes.Oh and if you are wondering if all the furniture in the middle of the roads is there on race day- no,racers ARE crazy but not stupid.It's all removable.After the riders get out of the built up areas(after the first swicthback left) and into the countryside the full factory boys will just edge over 200MPH,Hope you don't fall asleep watching this hahahahaha.Johnny

Comment

Ulster Grand Prix/Dundrod 150 2012

The last international race of the season took place on Saturday,with the national meeting the Dundrod 150 combined with the 125cc race labelled as the 125 U.G.P the Thursday before.For once the weather was good with a track temp of 23 degrees celcius,I took my daughter up to the fastest part of the course and she loved it,even though the Superbikes were going past 3 feet away from us.Sadly the last race of the day was stopped by the serious accident of Lee Vernon-perversly he crashed at a point where there is an open entry to a field,that the farmer had removed not only the gate but the cement posts as well-Lee went through the gap but landed badly.He died from the resulting injuries the next day in hospital-R.I.P mate see you next time.

Saturday dawned bright and clear,and it looked like for the first time in 3 years racing would be fast and competitive, Michael Dunlop won the first Superstock 1000 race from Guy Martin and Ian Lougher(who proved at 49 to still be frighteningly fast and comitted),William Dunlop won the first Supersport 600 race from New Zealand's Bruce Anstey(who still holds the absoloute lap record at 133.98mph average)racing for Padgetts racing,Ryan Farquhar won the Supertwin part of the Supertwin/250GP 2strokes from his young team mate Jamie Hamilton and my daughters 3rd favourite rider Davy Morgan won the 250GP race.Anstey got his own back on William in the second Supersport 600 race mugging him 3 corners from the flag on the last lap-just like William's younger brother Michael had done the year before!.The feature race the "Ulster Grand Prix" was next,it was developing into a good race but it was red flagged(stopped) after 1 lap.The race was re-started over the full distance and after a massive battle the result was decided 2 laps from the end between the runaway leaders Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop when Michael low-sided unhurt at the hairpin leaving Guy to win by over 23 seconds from Gary Johnston riding for Padgetts racing with Martin's team mate Conor Cummins third.Michael got his revenge in the last Superbike race of the day diving under Guy at the hairpin -again on the last lap.
      here is a photo to whet your appetite(the rest are on photobucket but only 26 0f 590!!!).Sorry the quality is not great but I only bought the camera 3 days before and the only way I could get any kind of shot was at this range(around 400 yards)-I'll work on the camera and will have better shots next season-honest!!

Comment

Oh and if anyone is interested the bike in front in this photo is NO.7 Guy Martin,2nd is NO.29 Gary Johnston,3rd is NO.9 Michael Dunlop,4th is NO.10 Conor Cummins,5th is NO.77 Ryan Farquhar,6th is NO.6 William Dunlop,7th is NO.2 Dan Kneen,8th is NO.13 Adrain Archibald,9th is NO.16 John Burrows,10th is NO.5 Bruce Anstey.hope this helps!.Johnny

Comment

Notice the front wheel on #6 is off the ground.

I'd label the pictures but I don't want to bewrong with my guesses.

cg
          Last edited by Charlie G; 08-15-2012, 09:44 PM.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Wonderful images…

Those telephoto shots are good enough for me, mostly.
            It just looks like the sun lit up the moisture in the air, and that softened the contrast.
            That can't helped, but it gives me a good feeling of the weather.
            Marvelous Johnny!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

another race circuit

Hi Guys, I got the chance on Monday to take my video camera around the Tandragee 100 course,so for anyone who is interested go to www.photobucket.com/Johnny237's album and take a look.The season has finished now so it will be April before I post any more reports but I will try to get some more course footage.Johnny

Comment

Working...
              X