Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS850 Paint Color Previewer

Hi all,

I have been reading about various color options and trims in many of your rebuild threads and would like to contribute to this forum a tool that I developed for previewing color options.
    I have used a 1979 Suzuki GS850 G as my base photo ( I have an 1980). Feel free to use and provide your suggestions here.
    How to use:
    Drag and move the Red, Green and Move tabs to see the tank colour change. If you want to enable/disable addons such as Emblems, stickers, engine paint, then press the appropriate button.
    Try it now.Paint your Suzuki!!

UPDATE: PRINT FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. PLEASE DONT USE IT. I WOULD BE REMOVING THAT BUTTON.

Its made in Adobe Flash.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM. Reason: added detail

Cool toy......that was fun, thanks

Comment

Nice,,,,,,great job

Where were you when I was trying to figure out my colour scheme.....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        Nice,,,,,,great job

Where were you when I was trying to figure out my colour scheme.....
        Thank you. At that time, I was trying to figure out what Bike to buy!!

Comment

thats cool!

Comment

Love it! Wanting to paint mine dark green, looks good! terrylee

Comment

Would there be a way to translate the colr on the screen to a form a paint shop could reproduce?

Great way to try it out.
              1980 GS550L

Comment

Originally posted by goggles View Post
                Would there be a way to translate the colr on the screen to a form a paint shop could reproduce?

Great way to try it out.
                One way would be to take print out on a color printer and try to match the color in the paint shop. Thats pretty close that we can get. But ideally these colors may not match as it depends on your monitor settings. Good luck!

Comment

This was a fun tool to use. Now it just needs a "chrome fender on/off" button for us L guys. Thanks for putting this up here.

Comment

Originally posted by bruin View Post
                    This was a fun tool to use. Now it just needs a "chrome fender on/off" button for us L guys. Thanks for putting this up here.
                    Thanks Bruin. I will work on that and update it soon.

Comment

That is friggin awesome...
                      now if you take it farther and offer OEM paint variations then it would be god like.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

This was a fun tool to use. Now it just needs a "chrome fender on/off" button for us L guys.
                        Update: I added feature to display Chrome fenders. Check them out. I am trying to get OEM color buttons once I get to know what color trims were available.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                          That is friggin awesome...
                          now if you take it farther and offer OEM paint variations then it would be god like.
                          I see the colors names at BikeBandit.com. Search for OEM parts and look under accessories. But I have not clue how those colors look. I wasn't born until December of 1981.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2012, 11:36 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
                            Update: I added feature to display Chrome fenders. Check them out. I am trying to get OEM color buttons once I get to know what color trims were available.
                            Holy crap, I was only half serious. Thanks though, it will be very useful.

Comment

Holy crap, I was only half serious. Thanks though, it will be very useful.
                              No problem. I actually had a chrome fender picture on that 79 850. So it was easy to display the option to enable/disable them!

Comment

Working...
                              X