Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The guy that shipped this should be shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wow. Instead of beating around the bush and crying, just get to the point.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Most of that scratch is in the clear coat anyway.
        And the PO seems to have played volleyball with the package.

Used to get badly packed things at work. You would be shocked how many IT people think foam peanuts are good for electronics that get hot.

Paint stripper followed by 1000 grit silicon carbide wet\dry paper followed by a buffing wheel or simila measure.

Comment

There was a smiley in his post.

Comment

He's stirring sh!t.

By the way, both the PO and UPS will not deliver a package that is leaking flammable liquid through the box, as that one clearly had. Which is probably why they deemed "undeliverable". Which is why they ask you if there is anything flammable, breakable, perishable or potentially hazardous when you attempt to ship it...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Which is why they ask you if there is anything flammable, breakable, perishable or potentially hazardous when you attempt to ship it...
              And don't lie, especially if it's going on my airplane.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Correct Josh. When I shipped that 850 rear end to OZ, I sprayed it all down with carb cleaner and wiped it down well so there wouldnt be any oil leakage or such..It made it with no hassles.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Sorry for the delay.
                  We just got back from a long wake for several friend's of ours Mother.
                  She is now resting with her Husband once again.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyToys View Post
                    There was a smiley in his post.
                    Of course! LOL!
                    And, if you notice, I was quoting someone else.

I can live with a little scratch that was shown to me BEFORE it was sent.

Should I cry like a little baby because it was lost for three weeks?
                    Should I cry and blame the shipper if I dropped it on something myself and damaged it?
                    Should I cry and blame the shipper for not packing it well enough?
                    Should I cry and demand my money back on a public forum?
                    Hell no to all of those questions.

However, when someone, who shall remain nameless, did two or three of these things recently here on this forum,
                    the reactions were QUITE DIFFERENT from the same people that replied to this one.

Yes, I was making a point and poking fun! Duh!

Did I get ripped off? NO!

Eric

Comment

man thats terrible! what a packaging , i am bettin the scratch was in it b4 he shipped it, after looking at that box i dont think they cared
                      it should polish out,i hope it was priced right after that!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                        Correct Josh. When I shipped that 850 rear end to OZ, I sprayed it all down with carb cleaner and wiped it down well so there wouldnt be any oil leakage or such..It made it with no hassles.

Didnt do a thing to it, just bolted it on and put oil in it. I may sand it down one day and polish it up, but I think it still looks ok. Thats it Chuck arrived well packaged and within 2 weeks, very happy with both parcels.
                        thank you

GED

1980 GS850G (BLACK)
                        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185562
                        1980 GS850G (RED) http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=219169
                        1980 GS850G (SILVER) (Coming soon)

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

GED...You did replace the big Oring as I suggested..didnt you???
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Ummmmm , no. I thought the way everything looked and not much use, I would risk it and not replace it. I may regret it down the track if it leaks, but I have faith in these old things. If I have to pull it apart, good excuse to improve the looks with a bit of polishing.
                            GED

1980 GS850G (BLACK)
                            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185562
                            1980 GS850G (RED) http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=219169
                            1980 GS850G (SILVER) (Coming soon)

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              What's worthless is your picture.

WTF are we looking at?
                              What's wrong with it?
                              If you're bitching about that little scratch you're a pussy.
                              tkent never fails to tear me up. real life Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                                Of course! LOL!
                                And, if you notice, I was quoting someone else.

I can live with a little scratch that was shown to me BEFORE it was sent.

Should I cry like a little baby because it was lost for three weeks?
                                Should I cry and blame the shipper if I dropped it on something myself and damaged it?
                                Should I cry and blame the shipper for not packing it well enough?
                                Should I cry and demand my money back on a public forum?
                                Hell no to all of those questions.

However, when someone, who shall remain nameless, did two or three of these things recently here on this forum,
                                the reactions were QUITE DIFFERENT from the same people that replied to this one.

Yes, I was making a point and poking fun! Duh!

Eric

$30 with shipping to my door, sort of. (Next door. LOL!)

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X