Carb Choke Lever Spring/BB...need size or part#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Choke Lever Spring/BB...need size or part#

The choke will not stay out on my 1981 GS250. It seems to be because it is missing the springs/bbs that prevent the lever from springing back into the normal (resting) position. It was mentioned in another thread as a cause and I recall seeing a bb after the carb cleaning and wondering where it could have come from. After doing some reading I would suspect I found where they came from on the carb but could not find the part online on the schematic to order them.

Does anyone know what the size of the BB and Springs for the GS250 carbs, or how to order replacements? The carb is a Mikuni BS30SS twin. Thank you for your help, it is really appreciated as always.

And I will get some photos posted once I finish the bike. Finished the electrical, front/rear wheels, drive-train and fork. Waiting on intake seals/boots to arrive and I am hoping to fix the choke problem mentioned above at the same time. I am trying to get everything finished before the seat cover arrives from PitReplica (4-6 weeks). This site has been great, so thank again!

A number of months ago I bought an 81 250T and am putting her back together, should be a fun little ride.
    I just went to the cellar and measured the parts.

The steel ball bearing is .125 dia. So any 1/8" ball bering would work.

The spring is .118 in dia. , .295-.300 tall (approx. 7.5mm, 5/16 would work).

The wire dia of the spring is approx. .015.

And I counted 7 coils.

I don't know where you can order OEM but get to the hardware store or online and order some 3mm or 1/8 spring with .015 dia wire, and a couple of 1/8" steel ball bearings and you should be good to go.

Hope this helped.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X