• Show
Clear All

That's it, thank you KoolAid

Comment

hello all

Was wondering if anyone had a set of diaphragm's they might want to sell

Comment

Originally posted by craig.beshires View Post
        Was wondering if anyone had a set of diaphragm's they might want to sell

JBM Industries does, they make Yamaha XS650 BS34 replacement diaphragms that I believe are the exact same as the BS32's aside from the larger slide they are glued to. Google them. The guy is a vintage aviation enthusiast that also got into making repros of a few obsolete motorcycle parts for his friends/acquaintances, so he doesnt have much in the way of motorcycle specific knowledge, but it seems his parts are great quality.
        '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
        '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
        '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
        '79 GS425stock
        PROJECTS:
        '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
        '77 GS550 740cc major mods
        '77 GS400 489cc racer build
        '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
        '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

SUDCO has the diaphragms and any other part you might need also.

Comment

You have to buy the diaphragm AND the $$$slide$$$ from anywhere but JBM, who sells just the diaphragm for you to glue to your slide as the OEM units are attached. $20-something vs $100 each sounds GREAT.
            Last edited by Chuck78; 08-26-2014, 10:50 AM.
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Excellent info!!! Thank You!

Comment

You could also try these diaphragms, then you don't have to cut the plastic rings on the slide

Comment

Greetings,
                  Is there a forum member who, as a vendor, refurbishes these GS carbs? In my case the Mikuni VM26SS.
                  Regards,
                  JZ.

Comment

There have been in the past, but I'm not sure if anyone is currently advertising a carburetor rebuild service. I would do it for you if I were caught up, but at this point, I'm at like a year behind on everything! Mostly friends bikes and my projects... and a full house rehab that is waiting for me, but it can sit there. Add another few months to that backlog!
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Very educational and enjoyable.At one time or another I have been down all of those roads.I can tell you have also..Thanks..And #4 and the Kool-Aid got me too still laughing...Genius...
                      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Is this the place where I can ask a question? I am new to the Forum and can't figure out where to go/post. My questions concern a 1982 Suzuki GS650G that used to run very well a few years back. Thank you in advance... zanichbug

Comment

As of 07/22/2023 the link for learning about carb functions is broken

Comment

Got the GS650 mostly running. Turns over perfectly when I depress the starter button, but dies when I release the button. Electrical issue, or vacuum/carb type problem. Thank you...

Comment

Working...
                            X