Advice on downhill curves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Selecting the right gear for a given turn requires some experience with your particular bike, and understanding of your comfort level. But a general rule of thumb that worked well for me when I was learning this was this:
    If the yellow "suggested speed" sign for the corner starts with a "2" (ie 20MPh, 25MPH etc) second gear is likely the correct gear, if it starts with a "3" then third gear and so on.
    Some great advice, but.... I have the GS450GA, a shaft drive and automatic! I guess if I were still riding one of my previous bikes, I can use your speed-linked-to-gear technique. Any suggestions for this particular bike?

Comment

Originally posted by pmong View Post
      Some great advice, but.... I have the GS450GA, a shaft drive and automatic! I guess if I were still riding one of my previous bikes, I can use your speed-linked-to-gear technique. Any suggestions for this particular bike?
      Stick to going up hills only, it's much safer and easier.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pmong
        Some great advice, but.... I have the GS450GA, a shaft drive and automatic! I guess if I were still riding one of my previous bikes, I can use your speed-linked-to-gear technique.
        Any suggestions for this particular bike?

Hang on and Pray?

Eric

Comment

Never ever ever 'coast' a motorcycle you are on the gas or draging the brakes ...Do not point your 'knee'..You should be 'Hailwooding' untill you can scrap pegs...Then you can point your knee...

Must LOL..Had a left over new one at a shop I worked at as a kid ..I just loved that thing .. Just flogged the hell out of it...

Comment

Thanks everyone. Been practicing many of the suggestions, and I do feel more confident on the curves, including downhill. But, will aways keep in mind to slow appropriately before entering.

Comment

Working...
            X