1980 Suzuki GS450 Tire Reccomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Suzuki GS450 Tire Reccomendation

Hey all, been a while since I posted on here, but I've still been lurking. ;-)

My front tire is looking a bit dry rotted these days and my rear tire has what looks like a defect on it. I'll try to link a video of that a little later.

It's time for me to get some new tires on the bike again.
    Looking to keep the budget pretty low, also looking to get as high a quality tire as possible. Funny how thats how we always think...
    Also interested to see if anyone reccomends a different tire size than stock.
    Pretty sure the stock ones are 90/90-18 on the front and 100/90-18 on the back.

Are tubes mandatory on these rims? My stepfather says they probably aren't, but if they are I'll take tube suggestions as well.
    TIA!

If they are not spoked you can go tubeless. Some folks won't unless the rim is designed for them, there is a difference in the bead area of the wheel which should help it stay on the rim in a blowout but I doubt it really does much. Whether it's safe or not a lot of us have done it.

I love Avon Road Riders, AM26, they are a great combination of handling, wet and dry traction, and they are fairly inexpensive. They seem to last quite a while, an they handle well even when they are fairly worn. They are designed for our skinny old wheels, but use newer technology and modern rubber compounds.

Stick with stock sizes, fatter ones handle like crap.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
    X