• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you look at those cans...

tim could fit his bike inside his bike with those mermite "saddlebags"

happy travels brother

Comment

Wow! That is some serious baggage capacity!
      All the way to Gold Wing territory.
      Portable shower and kitchen sink in there somewhere with the microwave?

Eric

Comment

Made it into Denver today! So far 2000+ miles since we left on Monday morning. Only issues we've had is a blown R\R in Southern Ohio, but I had a spare so we were back on the road in no time. Also seemed to have developed a leak from the tachometer seal. My right boot and pant leg has a nice patina of oil spray on it

Aaron thanks for posting up those pics of my rig. I'm really liking the Mermite cans, they are friggen huge, and fairly light. The travel guitar goes in big vent tube on top, along with my sleeping pad.

Here is a smattering of pics to sate all your appetites.

Kyles bike while camping in South East Ohio.

Our view waking this morning in Kansas. Who'd a thought Kansas could be so nice.

The bikes and the sunrise this morning in Kansas. Malvern Lake was the name of the camping area.

Finally as a last teaser pic the border into Colorado!

Getting a new rear tire on Tomorrow as the mid west has made mine square, and then heading west some more.

Comment

From the smile on your face it's looks like your having fun. Thanks for posting up some pictures.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Fantastic that you had a spare with you, nice planning on your part. Looking forward to the next trip post.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Good job of putting on some serious miles.
              I hope that you are taking plenty of time to stop and enjoy the ride.
              Now that you have made it to Denver, the rest of your trip will be some of the most beautiful parts of this country.
              Except for the two flat/boring states that tend to make you cut a wrist before you escape.
              Take plenty of pic's please.

Eric

Comment

VERY wise to carry a spare r/r. I did the same when I rode the length of Rte 66 and was glad I did. Wound up replacing it in AZ. Good looking package you've got there. Functional yet attractive. Thanks for posting the pics.
                Willie
                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Wow. already half the freakin way there! I guess it's a little late for the sage words I wanted to impart - remember that 'performance award' you were cited with on the way back from my house? Do -not- do that out of state.

Be safe, have fun, and.... Play Guitar!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Allie I most certainly do not want any performance awards. Lucky for me the speed limit on some of these midwest back roads is 65. Not much need to go faster than that except for that bit of highway into Denver trying to split the gap between two huge storms, I can report that my luggage system is very well attached as I was running 85 with high winds and the bike still felt good! Looking forward to crossing the rockies and eventually the west coast!

Comment

Good to see you on your way Tim! Looks like you're havin' a ball too
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Update, update, update!

We heard from Tim and his brother today.
                        He left a message while I was gone looking at a bike and trying to find a Riding Game tag.
                        I called him as soon as I got home (7:30 PST) and left a message.
                        A few minutes later he called me back!
                        His bike has developed a terrible oil leak sometime around Denver.
                        He and his brother are currently about a hundred miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah.
                        They are going to try to make it here at my place by tomorrow night and see if we can make some repairs.
                        They are about 500 miles away. Wish them success please!

That's all folks!

Eric

Comment

She'll be right Eric, it's an air cooled GS

He just needs to improvise like one of those Scott oilers for chains but have an oil bottle feeding the engine... hhaha

Fingers crossed you make it safe and sound Tim! Hopefully you can get her buttoned up enough to enjoy the rest of your trip.
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Update, update, update!

We heard from Tim and his brother today.
                            He left a message while I was gone looking at a bike and trying to find a Riding Game tag.
                            I called him as soon as I got home (7:30 PST) and left a message.
                            A few minutes later he called me back!
                            His bike has developed a terrible oil leak sometime around Denver.
                            He and his brother are currently about a hundred miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah.
                            They are going to try to make it here at my place by tomorrow night and see if we can make some repairs.
                            They are about 500 miles away. Wish them success please!

That's all folks!

Eric
                            Damn to bad luck!
                            Hope he has enough oil to make it for repairs and the leak isn't too serious.
                            Eric, keep us posted!
                            sigpic
                            Steve
                            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

For some crazy reason, I have one or two COMPLETE 850 engine gasket kits around here.
                              I don't even own ONE anymore!
                              (You never know when one might follow you home though. )
                              Or come for a visit.

Eric

Comment

Update, update, update...

They have successfully made it to Fallon, NV. and should make it here in 90-100 minutes.
                                They sound like they are in good spirits and ready for some food and showers.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X