Just one nice MC road in each state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one nice MC road in each state

motorcycleroads.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleroads.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Eric

Nice ! They picked a good one in MN as there are few compared to mountain states.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

In Indiana, they picked a 24 mile segment from Gary to Michigan City Indiana...

Are they ^$%$#@@!!ing KIDDING?

This is a JOKE, right? A joke? It's gotta be a joke?

Southern Indiana is PACKED with world-class roads with actual curves and gorgeous scenery (135, 58, 450, 150, 66, 62, etc. and on and on), and they pick a desolate stank-ass corner-free hellscape puttaputt from Cracktown to Methland.

To reach this "Dunes Highway" from the west, you have to endure some of the planet's most hellish traffic and the powerful industrial and organic stenches of Gary. From the east, you'll be struggling to stay awake as you navigate hundreds of miles on the world's most perfectly straight and square road system. Dodging fallen rusty car parts from the local meth transporters provides the only entertainment.

At no point during this stupendously challenging 24 mile toodle will you be able to actually see the fetid, e. coli laden waters of nearby Lake Michigan, nor will you encounter anything resembling a curve. I guess staying awake for the whole 45 minutes (stoplights n' cops, you know) will be the real challenge.

&^%$#ing great.

Of course, if you look at the "about is" page, you'll find that the site is run by a senior citizen driving a tricycle Herdley. (To be fair, he probably didn't pick this road in person since he's from Pennsylvania.)

I am unreasonably angry about this travesty. ANGRY!

Here's a sample of the "scenery" along this route. If you're lucky, you might see a train. Note that this is an absolutely flat, ruler-straight road, but it's double yellow. Wheeeee. :
      Last edited by bwringer; 07-04-2012, 08:59 PM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

So tell us how you REALLY feel Brian! I haven't checked out the site yet, maybe a waste of time?
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
          So tell us how you REALLY feel Brian! I haven't checked out the site yet, maybe a waste of time?
          I think the Kentucky road is the Land Between the Lakes. Ssssssllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwww, but at least it's scenic. There are about 12 bazillion better roads in Eastern Kentucky, but at least that's not an outrageously bad choice.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Yeah, "The Trace" is local to me. Sounds like the guy is a trike rider indeed!
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I was on 261 in Utah last month. Other than the gravel-laden 3 mile stretch of switchbacks, it was boring. Sure, the scenery from the altitude was really nice, but the road condition made gawking very risky.

Comment

No reason WE couldn't come up with our 50 best roads in each state.

1978 GS1000C
                1979 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000E
                2004 Roadstar

Comment

There's better bike roads in florida than the damn key bridges. Hell 98 follows the gulf coast in western florida, it's a prettier ride with more to see. And Hwy 20 through the woods is a nicer ride. A1A down the east coast, bars and beaches the whole way. And thats just off the top of my head. Saying the The overseas highway is like saying the blue ridge parkway, people just say it even though it just aint so.

Comment

#3 Yesterday, 07:36 PM bwringer In Indiana, they picked a 24 mile segment from Gary to Michigan City Indiana...
                    I have been on this segment of 12 and the only thing IMHO noteworthy is you run along the South Shore Railroad Tracks. Divided two lane and goes to single through the Dunes Area to Michigan City.

Lots of antlered rats by the Dunes area and lots of stoplights. No overlook of Lake Michigan. There are better "Lame NW Indiana" roads.

Southern Indiana is PACKED with world-class roads with actual curves and gorgeous scenery (135, 58, 450, 150, 66, 62, etc. and on and on), and they pick a desolate stank-ass corner-free hellscape puttaputt from Cracktown to Methland.
                    Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, keeps the "riff raff out".
                    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                    AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

the California entry is no winner either. But to be fair this state has a plethora of potentials, Hwy 49, and of the smaller highways cresting the Sierra's, the Saturday morning Skyline ride in the Silicon Valley area - and that's just central CA

Comment

Working...
                      X