Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not do any business with this Ebay seller

rigentinc

He is selling the safety washer that goes over the C/S sprocket nut for more than 3 times the retail price at any Suzuki dealer!
    When I sent him a link showing that they can be had for 1/4 the price, he sent me an E-mail stating: "And why are you telling me this?"
    He has no morals at all and actually enjoys ripping people off!

Eric

we could all buy out his stock then do the credit card thing where we complain and get our moneyback

A chargeback I think its called.

Comment

If a foolish someone is willing to pay too much then how is he ripping people off?
      It's not like he's forcing someone to buy anything.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

He is an opportunist scumbag pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          we could all buy out his stock then do the credit card thing where we complain and get our moneyback

A chargeback I think its called.
          On this one, I have to agree with you Jeep.
          Good idea, BTW.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
            If a foolish someone is willing to pay too much then how is he ripping people off?
            Agreed!!!!
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
              I totally agree.

Comment

Thank GOD not everyone has the H-D mentality of paying MORE than something is worth.
                You guys can please buy from him then and ignore this thread.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  Thank GOD not everyone has the H-D mentality of paying MORE than something is worth.
                  You guys can please buy from him then and ignore this thread.

Eric
                  I wouldn't buy a Harley, they are not worth it. I wouldn't buy anything from this seller if I could buy it cheaper somewhere else, but I don't blame him for trying.

Comment

There is too many sellers on ebay with oem stuff with prices higher than Suzuki.
                    I can't imagine it's a good way to sell a lot of parts.

Recently I was looking for an OEM crank cover gasket, Suzuki wanted between $7-$11. One ebayer was selling some for $19.99. And they were two revisions old!

I kept looking and found the newest revision of the gasket for $5.99.
                    Now that's more like it.

I bought a 850L tank to use for a bit and the seller also had the rubber cushion that goes under it listed in another auction for $13.99.
                    I sent him the link to the fiche at Boulevard Suzuki where they had it listed as $8.65 'retail' and $6.41 'you pay' and told him I'd give him $5 for it if he threw it in.
                    He messaged back that the fiche showed it was $8.65 retail and he'd throw it in for $8.00, lol.
                    I told him if it would cost me LESS to buy new soft clean rubber cushion from Suzuki than it would from him, I would go that route.

Stupid part was the tank was well below the cost of anything else similar listed on ebay. Cheap enough that I can double my investment when I sell it. AND it was in pretty good shape.

So I guess I don't mind putting up with price gougers if it only affects me by making me find cheaper better parts elsewhere.

Tank

Comment

The thing about eBay is they can ask anything they want for their items.
                      If you do not like the price, just walk away. Others sell the same product for varying prices.
                      Or buy a potato that looks like Abraham Lincoln, your choice.

Comment

Quick, where is potato? We are hungry...

There are always lots of goobers on fleaBay selling insanely marked up parts. I've never let it bother me too much. Ignorance costs more, and this is just one of the ways.

Or maybe some people are happier buying a part that they can see a picture of.

There have been a couple of times when the cheap "NOS" part I bought turned out to be an old broken part someone put into the box and stuck on a shelf when they replaced it. No idea why people do this.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                          Quick, where is potato? We are hungry...

There are always lots of goobers on fleaBay selling insanely marked up parts. I've never let it bother me too much. Ignorance costs more, and this is just one of the ways.

Or maybe some people are happier buying a part that they can see a picture of.

There have been a couple of times when the cheap "NOS" part I bought turned out to be an old broken part someone put into the box and stuck on a shelf when they replaced it. No idea why people do this.

Think Latvia is synonym dismal. Latvian has potato that look like Walter Mondale and potato that does not look like Richard Nixon. Which more is rare?
                          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                          1983 GS 1100 G
                          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Don't forget about the shipping costs when buying on EBAY, jacks up the price on what you bought big time.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                              The thing about eBay is they can ask anything they want for their items.
                              If you do not like the price, just walk away. Others sell the same product for varying prices.
                              Or buy a potato that looks like Abraham Lincoln, your choice.
                              Agreed. My username reflects my mentality. I price things down to the dollar when buying. You should see my list of potential G/GKs- as a matter of fact, you can via the screen cap I attached . Mrs. Shopper reminds me I am weird, not everyone does this.

I think the only legitimate complaint would be if a seller was representing something as an OEM part and it was found to be a knockoff.

BTW, bikes are the same way. There is currently an XS1100 there for $4K Canadian (aboot $3,977 US, eh?) opening bid with a reserve, and a buy it now of $6K ($5,965 US). It has 75K KM and the seller doesn't even know it is an 1100cc engine- it's listed as an 1800. Here's the ad text:
                              This Motorcycle is in excellent condition. Just jump on and ready to go. All has been rebuilt using Yamaha Parts and Yamaha Technicians. This Bike is a rare find. I have an Apppraisal (sic) from 2011 value at 13,500. The Paint job is Custom and is valued at over 6000.00. Buyer will be responsible for shipping costs and handling shipping. Payment must be made in full before Motorcycle is picked up.

It's been re-listed at least once. I saw a beautiful XS with tourpack recently for like $850. Another was $1250.

If someone is dumb enough to pay this, I believe the phrase is a fool and his money are soon parted.

Comment

Working...
                              X