road conditions in the kootneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

road conditions in the kootneys

i plan on leaving tomorow morning. 900 km to creston so i should be there in the afternoon IF i can get away early. I know there has been some big rains in that area. That mudslide by Kaslo was a terrible thing.

The roads i am asking about are creston to kootney bay. balfour to kaslo. kaslo to new denver. fauquier to vernon.

Also is main jet still located at the same place. Last year they were talking about moving to a bigger building. Just wondering if that happened.

Originally posted by mcneilk View Post
    i plan on leaving tomorow morning. 900 km to creston so i should be there in the afternoon IF i can get away early. I know there has been some big rains in that area. That mudslide by Kaslo was a terrible thing.

The roads i am asking about are creston to kootney bay. balfour to kaslo. kaslo to new denver. fauquier to vernon.

Also is main jet still located at the same place. Last year they were talking about moving to a bigger building. Just wondering if that happened.
    Where are you coming from? Creston to Kootenay is good, there were some washouts south of Crawford Bay a few weeks ago but they're repaired and repaved as of last week. Balfour to Kaslo is in good condition as of last week. I didn't get across to New Denver or Vernon but I also haven't heard of any problems. The ferry traffic at Kootenay Lake was light with no waits also, the ferry at Faquier could be a different story especially if Hwy 1 gets closed for any reason. A good place to check current conditions is www.drivebc.ca, they have a great site for mobile devices too. Those are some of the best roads I know of and hope the weather is good. It's been pretty crappy this year but should be improving for next week.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
    X