No announcement yet.

McMinnville Or to Laguna Seca via Crater Lake and Yosemite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You WILL be posting pic's of the ride, right?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      You WILL be posting pic's of the ride, right?

Eric
      Here are a couple I took along the way. I really didn't take many since one of the guys was a photographer fellow and assured me that he would share all the bounty.

Here are a couple:

broken down harley

Love the windjammer! I still get plenty of air but dont feel like a sail in the wind!

I try to use all of the front tire.

I think I should have replaced the rear tire before Yosemite. I had just gotten to the treadwear bars when I left home. I really can't complain, I got almost 15k out of cheap Shinkos. I took this picture in Crescent City after I changed the tire in the parking lot.

Laguna Seca. Better pictures to follow.

Thanks!

Comment

That looks like the rear off my 919 a couple years ago on the last day of the PNW ralley. Realllllllly do not like takeing it down that far.

I have been riding up here in the Portland area quite a bit latelt on a 850L and have only seen a couple old Suzies. I see more of them around Scapoose and St Helens than anywhere else.

Gssheller you goin to the PNW ralley this year?
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Well made it back from the 2000 mile trip no problem. (except for the tire issue)

Today the bike is cutting out and losing power while driving down the road!! It seems to cut in and out intermittently. when it cuts out it smells like gas. Not sure where to look for the problem.

It ran flawlessly the entire trip. Weird.

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Gssheller View Post
            Well made it back from the 2000 mile trip no problem. (except for the tire issue)

Today the bike is cutting out and losing power while driving down the road!! It seems to cut in and out intermittently. when it cuts out it smells like gas. Not sure where to look for the problem.

It ran flawlessly the entire trip. Weird.

Suggestions?
            My first thought is a failing wire or connection in the ignition somewhere. Beyond that, you might consider a new thread in the tech forum.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
              My first thought is a failing wire or connection in the ignition somewhere. Beyond that, you might consider a new thread in the tech forum.
              Seems like the best place for it.
              Thanks

Comment

My first thought was the petcock.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                X