3M DiNoc Vinyl Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3M DiNoc Vinyl Install

I am thinking about wrapping my gas tank in some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to give it a different look.

Has anyone tried this? I am looking to wrap a 81 650G tank. Would a 3 ft x 3 ft roll be enough?

Thanks for all replies. Happy Friday

3x3 would do a tank i did my bike and use a 5x5 sheet. Check close i believe the 3m stuff is interior grade not outdoor check my build thread to see what i used
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
      3x3 would do a tank i did my bike and use a 5x5 sheet. Check close i believe the 3m stuff is interior grade not outdoor check my build thread to see what i used
      Thanks!

Do you remember which brand you bought? Metrorestyling.com sells a 3d carbon fiber wrap, but not sure if it would be as good as the 3m stuff. It is a lot cheaper though.

Comment

I dont know the brand i got it from a sign company online i'll look it up but it is the 3d
        Carbon
        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

TopVinylFilms.com is where i got mine it was like $120 for a 5x5 sheet
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I just saw different shades of wrapping vinyl @ Pep-Boys,it is moldable to cover contours with a hairdryer,they had black and silver CF along with other shades and it is for wrapping cars so it is for outdoors obviusly.The price is around $20 for a 12x86 sheet.
            Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
            Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
            '84 Honda VFR 500
            '86 GSXR 750
            http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I picked up a 36"x36" roll of 3m scotch Brite cf 1080 for $45 should be enough for the tank

Comment

Looking forward to your results. A fellow on the Busa forum wrapped his entire bike in white pearl and it looks quite good in the pics.

Comment

Wrap should arrive tomorrow, I need to drain and pull the tank. I hope to have it wrapped by this weekend. I will post pics. when complete.

Comment

Waiting to see this.....

Comment

That stuff is tricky, be sure to get the felt applicator and watch as many youtube videos to get all the tricks and tips.

Comment

the front and rear corners are very hard to do i had to cut and overlap
                        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I picked up a felt tip squigee.

I decided to give 3m a call. They HIGHLY suggested I purchase a avery wrap glove. From my understanding it is really a good tool and a must have for professional looking installs.

To bad the damn glove is $18...

Comment

don't know if this will help you, but it's like 6 bucks

Vinyl cutters, heat presses, garment imprinting and heat transfer vinyl. Sign supplies such as vinyl banners, self adhesive vinyl, cor-plastic blanks & license plate blanks, inkjet inks, Rotary engravers. Direct distributor of sign making and custom garment printing products. Buying Guide and Online Sales and Support.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                              don't know if this will help you, but it's like 6 bucks

Vinyl cutters, heat presses, garment imprinting and heat transfer vinyl. Sign supplies such as vinyl banners, self adhesive vinyl, cor-plastic blanks & license plate blanks, inkjet inks, Rotary engravers. Direct distributor of sign making and custom garment printing products. Buying Guide and Online Sales and Support.

Nice. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X